Stock Traxxas Brushless system's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Guy's : I was out with my Bashing buddy Last night he was running his Brushless slash 4x4 on a 2 cell lipo... I was running my HPI Bullet MT 4x4 Flux on a 3 cell lipo.. My buddy says to me why is my Rig faster than his & both of our Rig's have 4x4 I simply said I have a Higher KV motor & my lipo has more MAh's & Volt's... He said I should be faster than you & can't figure out why I am beating him... So after taking an HR to explane to him the following
Traxxas Slash 4x4 brushless VS HPI Bullet MT 4x4 Flux

1. Motor 3800 KV - 4000 KV

2. 5000 Mah 7.4 volt 2 cell lipo 4200 Mah 11.1 volt 3 cell lipo

I told my buddy he need's to run a Higher KV motor & run higher volt lipo pack... He insisted that he should be beating me with what he has in his Slash I told him as it stands with the current setup's of both Rig's.. I have the advantage.. & I also explained to him driving style has alot to do with it too... Am I right on this issue

Last edited:
Your buddy needs to listen yo ya because you are correct on this. maybe gearing up the slash and gearing the flux down he might win. What are you both running for gearing anyways?
Higher kv motor + more battery cells = more speed

Your buddy needs to listen yo ya because you are correct on this. maybe gearing up the slash and gearing the flux down he might win. What are you both running for gearing anyways?
Higher kv motor + more battery cells = more speed

Yea my buddy went to the HS today & got a Venom 3 Cell 11.1 volt Lipo & a 8000KV motor.. He said to me Now I can't beat him I told him I think the motor KV's he got.. IS WAY OVERKILL for a slash & a SCT you dont need anything bigger than a 4000KV.... & also said to him it might be very hard to control NOW & explaned to him KV motors over 6000 KV's are pretty much for touring car's "@ least thats what I think "

Your friend better watch his motor temps. They will climb very quickly now, especially when running off road or through grass.

+1 on motor temps, that 8000kv motor is definatly not rated for a heavy 4x4 SCT

With stock gearing on both rigs the difference in a 3800kv and a 4000kv is not the reason you are faster...The 3s v/s the 2s is the reason you are faster! Your buddies new 8000kv on 3s should go up in smoke pretty quick in a 4x4 slash! Sometimes it's better to do some research before giving advise. If he would have just bought a good 3s pack he would have been a lot better off.

Last edited:
Wonder if the dumbasses that sold him the motor threw in the 5 tooth pinion he'll need... That hobby shop should be fined for such stupidity. I predict smoke and flames....

+10^^^^^ The guy at the HS is really not doing what he is supposed to do here, selling something like that knowing it's gonna get mutilated isn't right...

Back