Stock Sucks moded 3.3 crank on ebay

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big specht

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anybody used his cranks yet ????? they are on there for 35 shipped

Hmmm...I think I would be a bit wary unless I knew somone who had used one and liked it. One of the last pictures looked like he had cut it down a bit too much to me. But hey who am I? I trust only a few people to cut on or mod the inside of my engines.

Hell its only 35.00 we all have pissed more than that away LOL I might have to try it

What would go wrong????

It breaks and takes the rest of the engine with it is one possible outcome.

Only one preson I really trust to cut on my engine....ERCM. Never failed me. The last picture in the series looked pretty hack job to me.

the lighting doesn't do it justice, the 3rd pic looks better

The biggest gains do come from changing the timing. What this guy did may have added performance had he bored out the crank to let more air/fuel pass through it, not just enter it. looks like he did all the work but missed the biggest and "hardest" step for any gains. I won't touch the 3.3 personally, it has to high of a failure rate on it's own, the rod and bearings can hardly stay together in stock form...

so all it needs the crank bored out ??? And what about the aftermaket rods ??? So the other nitro motors out there are better that the traxxas 3.3???

I see some things about it that I'm not for sure about the intake is way to shiny and the opening is cut open past TDC which i think could cause blow back thru the carb but then again I've been wrong before.

Put an OS .21tm in it and then if thats still not enough have ERCM mod that for you heh ;)

I think it needs a lot of material put back as well as the boring. Add another $50 or so for a better rod. For about $90 you have someones unproven experiment that may or may not show gains or even hold together. There are some engines that make the 3.3 look like a little pile of blue pooh, I bet traxxas didn't pay more then $30 to put that engine in their kits lol. Don't let me stop you though, this is only my opinion, I'm sure you can put a lot of faith in an ebay engine modder who doesn't even have a website or a list of satisfied customers a mile long.

Extreme RC mods is right the 3.3 is a cheap casting with all kinds of durability issues, Your money would be better spent on an good engine OS21TM or a Picco 26 would give you gobs of power. Just run the 3.3 until it eats itself and save your money for a solid engine.

Come to think of it, I had an engine sent in for repair "after" it was modified by someone in the tinley park area, a few years back. Could be just coincidence, who knows lol.

Back