Steering Arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94stanggt

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey well I made the mistake of letting my room mate drive my truck around for a little bit. He ended up hitting a bobcat. At first I thought it would be fine cause it was not too hard of a hit but I saw it was sitting weird when he started driving again. So ya it was hard enough to do damage. Lets just say the heavier vehicle won over all. Heres picts of the aftermath
P2280011.jpg

P2280012.jpg

P2280013.jpg

As you can see he screwed both shocks, rpm lower arm, steering arm, and I discovered the hinge pins were a bent but thats probably from 2 years of use. So I now have replacements on the way but I dont know what to do for the steering. Still have the bent one on there.
Only question that I have now is how long are the steering arms on the original 2.5R? I got mine before the 2.5R had the cooling head painted blue, mine was just grey. Are they 106mm or 108mm? any difference? where could I measure if needed? like the length of the metal shaft or.....?
Thanks. and lesson learned:(

I found a spare steering arm that my brother had around from his truck so I'm all good. as for the length all i know is that its smaller than the rear toe links

Ouch! Glad it all worked out, though! He must have hit that thing JUST right for that to happen hahaha!

:)

I'm guessing it was probably cold out also. I had similar situation at the skatepark with my front bulk and bulk brace. A head-on into a rail...but not a hard hit at all. It was around 30 degrees which caused the plastic to be quite brittle.

I'm pretty sure you can send the a-arm into RPM and get another one for free.

well i looked at RPMs warranty and its not covered cause it hit a construction vehicle, does not fall under wear and tear or a defect lol. luckily i got the arms from my brother who went aluminum and recently i bought the True-Trac system for the rear so i had 2 sets of spares so i just replaced it no problem. and ya it was cold too like upper 30's to lower 40's i think so that did not help

yeah, the cold and rc don't mix well... ask my buggy about the time with the 10 ft jump and a pole...... still rebuilding the front end.....

Back