Starter box issues.............

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah not yet. Getting close to having a crack though.:smoke:

yea man u should do good just gotta get those jumps down pack and u should be really competative :)
but hey theres only 1 way to learn
:redbuggy:

lucky you solly..... you must have a big backyard...... I'm just bashing round the local cricket park near my gf house which is ok but nothin special..... my motor has been tuned by my LHS so its all good to go......so i dont think its from floodin........I've tried it with fully charged igniter n batteries in starter box but I'm yet to try it with a loosened glow plug......
YEH GOOD ON YOU MATRIX.... WAY TO RUB IT IN YA BASTARD......NOT FAIR AT ALL...........BUT THAT LOOKS AWESOME RUNNING IT AT THE TRACK..... I'm HOPIN TO GET THERE ONE DAY............
my first buggy was a HSP WARHEAD which is now what my girlfriends brother is runnin cos i went up to a Caster ZX-1............... DAMN YOU MATRIX AND UR STARTER BOX.... URGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lucky you solly..... you must have a big backyard...... I'm just bashing round the local cricket park near my gf house which is ok but nothin special..... my motor has been tuned by my LHS so its all good to go......so i dont think its from floodin........I've tried it with fully charged igniter n batteries in starter box but I'm yet to try it with a loosened glow plug......
YEH GOOD ON YOU MATRIX.... WAY TO RUB IT IN YA BASTARD......NOT FAIR AT ALL...........BUT THAT LOOKS AWESOME RUNNING IT AT THE TRACK..... I'm HOPIN TO GET THERE ONE DAY............
my first buggy was a HSP WARHEAD which is now what my girlfriends brother is runnin cos i went up to a Caster ZX-1............... DAMN YOU MATRIX AND UR STARTER BOX.... URGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

my 1st buggy was also a HSP WARHEAD
i still have it although it need a bit of money spent on it before it will run again... lets say
engine rebuild
all new front and rear assembly.. all the bearings and holders and that are gone
new tires
new receiver

i honestly dont think its worth spending the money on but i am going to do it anyways haha :)
i never want to get rid of any of my rigs... if I'm never going to use them again then just make sure there in working order and then shelf em... they are all gonna have some good stories behind them and hey when I'm not interested in RC anymore (hopefully never happens) then least ill have a decent car collection for my house haha

my 1st buggy was also a HSP WARHEAD
i still have it although it need a bit of money spent on it before it will run again... lets say
engine rebuild
all new front and rear assembly.. all the bearings and holders and that are gone
new tires
new receiver

i honestly dont think its worth spending the money on but i am going to do it anyways haha :)
i never want to get rid of any of my rigs... if I'm never going to use them again then just make sure there in working order and then shelf em... they are all gonna have some good stories behind them and hey when I'm not interested in RC anymore (hopefully never happens) then least ill have a decent car collection for my house haha

Well if you want to get your warhead running again, then you can't go wrong with this supplier. All my nitros are HSP and he stocks everything for them in Aus. Unbeatable service and great prices. He also races them.

http://www.plaig.com.au/store/

Well if you want to get your warhead running again, then you can't go wrong with this supplier. All my nitros are HSP and he stocks everything for them in Aus. Unbeatable service and great prices. He also races them.

http://www.plaig.com.au/store/

:goodpost: and muchly appreciated

i can also get my parts from
http://search.stores.ebay.com.au/RC-Hobby-Centre_02044_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZRCQ20HobbyQ20CentreQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsaselZ137861456QQsofpZ0
if thats any help to you chasing parts down cheap
they have had everything that i have required so far but i will be sure to check out ur link and go where the prices are the best

Last edited:
well my caster zx-1 is my 3rd nitro.... my first was a poopy smartech on road nitro car n s2nd was hsp warhead......first one is totally useless n dead but my gf bro is runnin the hsp warhead now.... and ill have to pass that website onto him cos he needs parts for his warhead but can't get them from the LHS......so thanx matrix........

well my caster zx-1 is my 3rd nitro.... my first was a poopy smartech on road nitro car n s2nd was hsp warhead......first one is totally useless n dead but my gf bro is runnin the hsp warhead now.... and ill have to pass that website onto him cos he needs parts for his warhead but can't get them from the LHS......so thanx matrix........

u should also try the ebay link
thats where i got my car from and they claim to stock every part for the models that they sell and there all buy it nows
I'm yet to find a part that i need that they dont have

i think they are the people that i got my HSP Warhead from aswell.........and i have seen them say they stock every part for every buggy they sell............. which is pretty good....

i think they are the people that i got my HSP Warhead from aswell.........and i have seen them say they stock every part for every buggy they sell............. which is pretty good....

Yea them seem to be a good supplier and there after sale service is also great
Like i said they have needed everything that i have ever needed so i can't complain
Also do combined postage which is good and postage usually takes a week to SA

we havent tried buying anything from them just yet but we will have to so hopefully it will be all smooth........he needs a front drive shaft...... its not the one comin from the gear box...... its the one that actually goes to the wheel (what is that called????) and front lower arm..... but i told him to upgrade to alloy........

we havent tried buying anything from them just yet but we will have to so hopefully it will be all smooth........he needs a front drive shaft...... its not the one comin from the gear box...... its the one that actually goes to the wheel (what is that called????) and front lower arm..... but i told him to upgrade to alloy........

there called dog bones but if hes bent them and kept running with them bent then hes gonna need alot more than them
i also recomend getting CVD joints all the way around... much better and dont twist like dogbones.
yea go alloy... holds together better even if it is a little more expensive it will last alot longer

That supplyer is easier to navigate around if you have the part number but if u don't i still have my book and will be able to supply you with them if u need

Those starts are power hungry. If you have access to one, rig up a way to connect the start circuit to a car battery. That will work. You should be using either 2400mAh+ NiCd/NiMH or a 7Ah SLA.

Yea after finding out how much power is requirred for 1 of these boxes I'm going to stick withe pull start

sorry about re-opening this old thread but I'm still having no luck...... I've taked out my glow plug n the motor will turn over on the starter box but with the glow plug in it wont.... I've tried it with the glow plug loosened abit but still no luck.....NEED URGENT HELP COS ITS GETTIN FRUSTRATING......URGHHHHHHHHHHHH

What are you powering the unit with. Minimum is around 5500mAh and 13.2V. If a car battery is available it serves for a great test power source.

i totally forgot bout tryin that solly......
I'm using 2 x 1800mah 7.2v batteries 65535.................. and i was told it would be enough by the LHS.................. how do you hook a starter box upto a car battery..... is it just with aligator clips?

i totally forgot bout tryin that solly......
I'm using 2 x 1800mah 7.2v batteries 65535.................. and i was told it would be enough by the LHS

For an already broken in motor sure, it should be enough. But If it's just not doing the job move to a higher mAh. I run 3600's in mine.

how do you hook a starter box upto a car battery..... is it just with aligator clips?

Yup. That's what the clips are there for.

i took it to the LHS this afternoon n they are goin to sort it out cos the coolin fan blades broke when the guy from the store tried to start the buggy so he replacing the motor 2moro for me for nothin(so he should)
Amoeba.... the motor isnt fully run in yet n the guy from LHS sia that maybe y it was playin silly buggers......
but if i wana use a car battery then that means i gota alter to cables on the starter box cos they have plugs now n not clips.....therefore id have to replace the cable or alter them.........am i correct????? do u run 2x3600maH in your box amoeba???