Standing inline for PS3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Candyman said:
Did y'all see this week's "South Park"? If you did, then thats thekonz..... Looking for a freezer, man?

"Oh my science.."

I would just about bet the farm on you not getting a PS3 if you are only going the day before. I've heard that some people are going to start camping out 3 days (min) before launch. Still f'ing nuts if you ask me.

Also you better double check the new eBay policy about reselling PS3s. Reports are going around that they are going to really crack down on the reselling fiasco that was with the XBOX360. Here is just one link.

http://www.2old2play.com/News/eBay_restrictions_on_PS3_and_Wii_Auctions

mcvickj said:
Also you better double check the new eBay policy about reselling PS3s. Reports are going around that they are going to really crack down on the reselling fiasco that was with the XBOX360. Here is just one link.

http://www.2old2play.com/News/eBay_restrictions_on_PS3_and_Wii_Auctions

It looks like those are rules for pre orders. The smart people will wait until the second week of December to list them.

Gotta like this guys idea.....It's not his fault people are stupid enough to bid on it LOL

"Some clown had a brown cardboard box and with marker drew an X on it and put it up online as an X box and it drew a stupid amount of money in bidding frenzy."

i say anyone who wants to wait for the PS3 is nuts, spec when there is a 360 on the market, teathing problems have been had with the processor admitably but its by far the best console, and hasnt had to be delayed for god knows how long and how many times compared to the PS3

Plus, they aint making halo3 for any other console so POWER TO THE XBOX

Spec wise, the PS3 looks more capable than the 360. Don't get me wrong the 360 looks amazing but I think the PS3 will be better. Microsoft had problems with the original xbox too. They're in to much of a hurry to corner the market and release systems before all the bugs have been worked out of them. A few of my friends got 360's and have had nothing but problems with them. I got my PS2 the day of it's release and haven't had a single problem with it in how many years!

and for the record...... Halo is overrated!

i second that rex, but i think i will wait untill march when they release the next batch

well I'm pissed now... the target near me is going to do a lottery that SUCKS!! looks like I will have to wait in line somewhere else but I absolutely hate walmart but it looks like that's what it will be!

Candyman said:
Did y'all see this week's "South Park"? If you did, then thats thekonz..... Looking for a freezer, man?
"haha, you believe in an imaginary figure"

..."I need nintendo wii..."

I stopped by a Toys R Us near me and asked about the PS3. The guy told me they were only getting 6 in and they were all reserved! 6!!!!! Looks like I might have to wait until March also.

Wow...my original PS and my XBox are more than sufficient for my entertainment. I got the PS for like $100 and the Xbox for a little more...and they get plenty of play. I guess I just fail to see the attraction in a video game to want to wait in line for days to get a system, that I can wait a year or two and get...but then again, I have yet to buy either a PS2 or 360...so who knows.

Hope you are successful in your quest and that it is everything you hope it to be.

Sky I was right there with you until I got a 360 and played call of duty 2 on line.....I must play that game 2 hours every nite...once a week I go on a 5 or 6 hour video crack binge...I shut it off when I feel a headache coming on.....LOL, I have to keep it from my TKD instructor or I'll hear an hour lecture about how bad video Games are.....
the new gen of gaming is just sick....I might have access to a PS3 on delivery day but only to sell on E-bay....yeah I have NO PROBLEM taking 3 times the cash from some idiot Knowingly AND willing to shell out the dough.....if I don't get it I'll wait til they are more reasonably priced and buy one just to play Grand turismo & MK on line......

I'm in no rush to get it since I'm the only kid in the house to play it. I will have one though. I wanted to try and get it to sell an yes I have no problem selling one to someone that knows full well what it costs and they are willing to pay triple for it. It's how this country was built!

there we go fellas talkin smart. making that dough. that's all anyone seems to care about in this country. screw freedom it money they all want. Its just giving the illusion that you have freedom is a way for them to make some sort of money ie gov't. haha

here's my money philosophy:
You can't buy hapiness
but you can sure buy the time to go find it......
and I wouldn't say screw freedom too loud...the gov is already taking too much of it away to secure our "safety".....personally I'm all for more freedom and let me be in charge of my own personal safety.....

Plaidfish said:
the gov is already taking too much of it away to secure our "safety".....personally I'm all for more freedom and let me be in charge of my own personal safety.....

Already taking it away, You mean they have taken it away already, dont do this, dont do that, dont eat this or that, in my oppinion big brother is just another way for them to make money from us by keeping things runnin to watch us, hell ill eat what i want and do what i want. Dam goverment here in UK SUCK

Oh and the ps3 vs 360 has already shown they both have almost exactaly the same amount of power, the 360 is able to utilize it a bit better than the ps3 but is just as good *ps3 still sucks imo :censored: *

Just for fun I looked on ebay at the prices some of the PS3's are goin for... 1500 bucks canadian was the average price !!! Futureshop up here has them for 659.99...I guess some people just wanna have it first I guess.

Yea this sucks. I went to walmart last night at midnight to do some shopping and check out if anyone was camping out to ge the PS3 and there were 10 people inline and our walmart was only getting 6 systems for some *** reason. So i guess that sucks and i can't make some quick cash? Guess i'll actually have to do something to get my money.

well I know that the local target is doing a drawing for them so you should call around and see what they are doing, my walmart too already had a line at 4 this afternoon from YESTERDAY!

shoot I'm down in Starkville, MS for school and we don't even have a Target. Damn small town. i might call home and see what the target is doing there.