Spur Gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbons

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
when you replace the spur gear how do you adjust the slipper clutch?

Tighten the nut down until the spring is fully compressed then back it off 1/2 turn. That's on the old maxx, not the new one with the slipper like the revo.

thanks for the quick response, I have the old 2.5 with 3.3 motor

Then you may want to do 1/4 turn. The 3.3 has a lot more pep than the old 2.5 did. If you haven't installed it yet, I'd insert pegs into all the holes in the spur so you get better control over your slipper.

what about the 3.3 slipper set up? is there any rule of thumb like with the 2.5 slipper?

what is better to bash with a plastic or steel spur gear? Remember though i have a 3.3 motor with 2.5 transmission

what about the 3.3 slipper set up? is there any rule of thumb like with the 2.5 slipper?

I don't know. I know your not supposed to tighten it all the way down, then back off. I never had mine apart on my revo and I only tightened it a bit when I installed the 18TM, then a bit more when I put in a BB. Since the spurs come off without adjusting it, it didn't need to come apart.

what is better to bash with a plastic or steel spur gear? Remember though i have a 3.3 motor with 2.5 transmission

I'd still go with plastic. But I'd fill all the peg holes with pegs so it doesn't slip as much and overheat. Just buy a few spare spurs and you should be fine if you mesh properly. Honestly the only times I chew up a plastic spur is when the engine moves or bearings go out of the CB.

Back