Spiderz Wraith Modz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I picked this up used back in May '12. I haven't had much time to work or run it when I got it. After a quick look over once I pulled it out of the shipping box, I noticed it had some front end damage(broken front braces) with some funky set up with the steering links. It really didnt have much of a free turning radius the way they were set up. Which had nothing to do with the front end damage.
So I came up with these mods for it.
VP Star Wheels - Bought used off another member of the site. Thanks for the great deal.
New Dynamic Concept JK body. Straight from DC themselves. Thanks!!!
New upper aluminum link mounts - Made by myself. Whoppie!!! LOL!Not that hard to make.
New tube design link mounts on front and rear axles.
Custom stinger,bumper etc. Still a work in progress. I need to make some secondary light mounts for it to be finished.
I modded the front end so the headlights will sit correctly with the new JK body. I also moved the battery tray to the front of the truck and did some modding to the tray itself. I made a new bracket to hold the battery, esc, and receiver as it sat from the factory.
And finally I made some new aluminum steering links for it. It will steering much smoother and easier once its put back together.
The tube work & upper link mounts will need to be powder coated which will also be done by myself.
The truck had the HR shocks on it when I bought it. Not to crazy for them so they might end up in the FS section. If anyone wants em pm me before I list em.
Onto the pics.
Link Mounts

dscf3085g.jpg

dscf3084m.jpg

dscf3083y.jpg

dscf3086f.jpg

dscf3087d.jpg

---------- Post added at 4:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 4:02 AM ----------

Parts all powder coated (matte black) and ready for assembly.
dscf3090c.jpg

dscf3089.jpg

More pics to follow.

Yep, very nice tube work Spider. They look awesome after powder coat. Look forward to seeing them installed.