Spektrum sucks!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Had this system for 2 weeks and it absolutly sucks. Tried everything and more and I just can't get any range. 130 yards is about the most it will get. I tried llokin at diffrent threads and seems sooooo many people are havin the same problem. I wish I would have bought Futaba. Never again will I buy any kind of Spektrum product.

Try switching out servos. I saw someone with pretty much the same problem and it turned out to be one of the servos was messing with something.

I have seen the same problem a couple times. You either get a super product or totally non-working. Send them an email and tell them about it. Be polite...vent to us not them. It gets you better service. If the jerk you around too much....then let 'em have it

What kind of Rx pack are you using? Spektrum's perform best with good quality 1100mah or better 5 cell Nimh packs. They act poorly with anything less.

I think my hump pak is orion 1600mah. I called them but they want me to send it in and will be like 3 weeks he said, then i will be for sure out of a radio. I tried both spektrum servos and stock hpi servos and same thing. I got th sr3000 receiver. Took it apart and all looks well inside.

don't know why those this happen,maybe your antenna have a cut or something like that or it doesn't connect like it should?

Iv taken my reciever apart. Everything looks good to me. No loose wires, everything is where it should be. Makes me dislike spektrum products

I've heard of people having issues with spektrum on the bajas. what rig do you have it in? i have never hit the end of range on my nomadio :D

in fact it does, the baja has a gas engine that has an ignition system. the electrical interference could cause an issue. also the rx in the baja is tucked away in the chassis rails which are metal.

"you just can't fix it..."

Its in a savage x

tell me about the spektrum problems...i had my spektrum take out my jammin jpx .28 good ole 380 dollar motor down the shitter...re built the motor, and was 3 tanks into break in when the damn radio started glitching again, and going w.o.t on its own and doing what ever it felt like...it went wot so i decided enoughs enough....took it full speed to my foot. hard enough to bust the front bulk head of the truggy, and bent my strut tower braces...i can fix that stuff no problem as i have spares...id much rather fix that than shell out another 135 bucks for the rebuild components...damn spektrums....pos

Everything seems to work except the range sucks ass! I thought it would be waay better than it is. Only bout 130 yards while other ppl get 800. My am radio was better.

That's why you go Airtronics FHSS-2!

:w00t: MX-3 FHSS

Everything seems to work except the range sucks ass! I thought it would be waay better than it is. Only bout 130 yards while other ppl get 800. My am radio was better.

why would you want 800 yards, you'd barely be able to see it. 150-200 yards is plenty anyway. Id say your problem is your RX pack is p!$$ weak. I use 3000mah as a minimum and dont have range issues. I use my dx 3.0 in both nitro and my 5b. Use the plastic tubing and get your aerial in the car sticking up nice and high.

All that said, when the opportunity arises I'll be switching to Futaba 3PKS Fasst, a superior 2.4ghz system.

Last edited:
why would you want 800 yards, you'd barely be able to see it. 150-200 yards is plenty anyway. Id say your problem is your RX pack is p!$$ weak. I use 3000mah as a minimum and dont have range issues. I use my dx 3.0 in both nitro and my 5b. Use the plastic tubing and get your aerial in the car sticking up nice and high.

All that said, when the opportunity arises I'll be switching to Futaba 3PKS Fasst, a superior 2.5ghz system.

So u think by getting a bigger hump pak would solve my problem? Like from a 1600mah to 3000mah?

My antenna is as high as it will go!! Gettina new hump pak today

I calld my lhs and he said the orion 1600mah is already top of the line hum pak. I don't understand???

I calld my lhs and he said the orion 1600mah is already top of the line hum pak. I don't understand???

I can tell you now, most LHS operators don't know $%&t about RC believe it or not. They only tell you about what they have in stock and rarely ever try and help you with something they don't stock.

My advice is to learn as much as possible about RC in general and never go into hobby shops. Know what you want, know what you're looking for and simply find a reputable online supplier like Amain or the heap of sellers on Ebay. I live in Australia and I can get things faster from Amain in the US than some shops here in Aus.

Orion 1600mah, what a joke. Here is one from my supplier in Aus. 2600mah and works out to be US$18.

Here ya go found one in the US which would be perfect. http://cgi.ebay.com/6v-2600-HUMP-BA...6|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Back