spektrum radios and 5t or 5b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
is anyone using a spektrum radio with a Baja? i've been reading on the baja forum that the spektrum radios are crap and only allow a range of 100 yards...

has anyone experienced any issues?

The range sucked on my 5b with the spektrum.

any idea why?
i've read something about the antenna being to short or people not running them vertical?

I had mine straight up, just like on my other rigs, but for some reason i can't get very much range with it....... it kinda sucks, but i have moved my JR radio gear from my losi, to the baja, and it works fine now....

I don't use Spektrum but I do use an Airtronics 2.4 ghz system (same thing) and I get around 1000 yards out of mine. That's more than far enough for it to go out of sight and earshot.

1000 yards? I can't even see at 100 yards. You whipper snappers are making me feel old.

I might be estimating a little but it's pretty darned far.

New theory: Rolex doesn't run his Savage because he can't see it if it's not on a shelf at eye level :D

me 2, had major glitching issues, and range was crap.
for my 2cents, go to DDM (davesmotors.com) and put a Nomadio React in your cart. free shipping and use LSF or HBF in the coupon code area for 5% off. ends up being about 245.00 shipped.

1000 yards is 3000ft, or over 1/2 a mile. THATS a long way. lol

think of a football field (american football, not Soccar) its 100yrds. i have been 300 to 400 yards on my react without problem. infact, you realy can't notice any delay at that range, i turn the wheel on the TX the baja wheels turn at the same time.

Last edited:
Is the react a reciever? and what can be paired with it?

ok i dont got a baja yet its on its way tho. but i do have a spektrum raido dx3s and i use it on my picco tmaxx and never have had any problems i could drive it out of stie. and i do plain to try it on my baja when i get it and build it

Is the react a reciever? and what can be paired with it?

the react is a radio set. best radio period (honestly) it is very pricey but offers things that no other radio does. its bidirectional. tells you engine temp, RX battery voltage, speed, etc. claims over 1000yard range and no glitches period. based on military technology used in the bomb robots.

I dont have the react but i have its daddy the sensor. simply put, bad ass radio.

http://www.nomadio.net

Last edited:
Back