spectrum Vs Futaba

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmaxx96

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
whitch brand should i get I'm looking at the

Spektrum DX3S or the Futaba Fasst 2.4 i need Opinions i have a 300 dollar spending limit so let me know what you think is a good deal

3PM fasst hands down IMO. Far better quality wise. Lots of features to use on it.

I am also a Futaba guy. I have a 3PKS and a 3PM as a back up. I have personally seen 2 rides and a plane lost with Spectrum. Just off on their own and gone for no reason. Only once with a 2.4 FASST and it was totally my fault....I was in a hurry and forgot to latch the battery box and I'll be damned if a failsafe will ever work if the battery is unpluged and bounces OUT of the vehicle. Who would have figured?

i like the spektrums look better though so is it not a good choice i think ill try both of them and then if i dont like it ill return it and get the futaba are JR radios anygood?

Futaba FASST all the way.

If you go Spektrum, get the DX3R and not the DX3S. The 3R uses DSM2 technology and the 3S uses the outdated DSM.

Futaba all the way

Futaba, Spektrum is known for issues with range and glitching.

If you won't follow our advice then why ask? :\

Futaba, Spektrum is known for issues with range and glitching.

If you won't follow our advice then why ask? :\
Amen 'lil brother. I agree...if you count it up you def. have more votes for Futaba. But hey it's you money and models. If you crash one you "have 28 more" right?

Futuba. Not that it matters. Reminds me of qaart: Wants to post asking for our advice then does the opposite. But, he is a RC guru so he knows.

You really can't fix it....

Last edited:
spektrum all the way for sure,thats what i been useing all my rc years :) never once had problems. :first_place:

i dont like the spektrum I'm going with futaba the spektrum seems WAY to cheap and futaba is a less expensive good brand ok Thanx Guys i appreciate the help

Futuba. Not that it matters. Reminds me of qaart: Wants to post asking for our advice then does the opposite. But, he is a RC guru so he knows.

You really can't fix it....

Ha! It never ends with some of these kids. Go Futaba because it feels funny saying it. Even after all these years.

Spektrum sux!! Read my threads about it. They suck for range. Ivtried everything to fix it and no luck. Id be lucky if i got 200 yds. I'm kinda pissed off that i spent my money on that junk. My bro is using his stock am radio on his sav x and gets triple or more range. I also broke my transmitter in half a few weeks ago so when i buy a new system, I'm going futaba for sure.

I have the DX3S.. Love the radio. lightweight, excelent range, telemetry could use some work tho.. still nice to have. I am yet to have an actual problem with my radio ( other than the price of recievers....lol) By the way, none of my rc s have an anntena longer than one inch. the new e-revo has no antenna at all... :) very big fan of that