Some luck iv been having

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisherman

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I went to my lhs and bought a few items to help my truck and one was the traxxas air filter extention i install it but didnt put any hose clamps on to secure it on. Ok jumping subjects the next day i go out and get my car running and tuned to perfection.
I mean i think I'm getting really good but thats me, anyway its running really good. So i take it out to this baseball field today and am running it runs great still (I'm verry happy).flip it and wipe out bad the air filter comes off and i not knowing this keep running it for about 10 min. throught those ten minutes it is cutting out alot and I'm thinking thats not right cuz i had it tuned to perfection you know. so i finally look to see if the af's on and its not so man am i going to be up late tonight.SOrry if this is wasting a thread but i just thought i might share that sotry.
Oh when i take the engine apart do i need to take the piston and sleeve out and if so how do i go about doing that. Iv taken it apart bf but i didnt take the piston/sleeve out that time.

-Thanks Nick

Remove the head and back plate.

Pull the sleeve out from the top.

Look at the con rod there should be a hole and or a groove in it. Make sure you put it back in the same way.

Remove the con-rod from the crank. If you can't pull it off with your fingers thread a length of dental floss around it and work the rod off the shaft.

Pull the piston and rod out from the top.

Its not difficult but make sure you take note of the con rod so you don't put it in backward when your reassemble.

Don't use metal tools inside the engine. Popsicle sticks work wonders

will the sleeve just come out or do i need to do something special to get it out?

The sleeve can sometimes be a pain to get out. I just work the lip on top with my exact blade till it pops up enough to grab it with a rag. When pulling out the piston & conrod, make note as to where the exhaust port is pointing. This will aid in putting it back together. I once replaced the p/s, putting it in wrong... 2 hours, blisters & a headache later, I pulled it back apart to realize I had put it in 180 degrees out.
A WD40 bath of the internals is in order. Check the p/s for any light scarring, grooving. If it looks good, just pull it right out of the WD40, & reinstall... Be extra careful with the backplate gasket & head shim.
Good luck...

I got the piston/sleeve out but the thing that turns the piston is still in there. The thing tat looks like a quarter and the gear tooth thing that turns the fly wheel is still on there. how do i get those things off? sorry newbi at this.

Crank Shaft...
Take all the parts off the front of the engine and it should just slide out.

How does the piston and sleeve look? How bad are the scratches if any?
Go to the hardware store and buy a gallon of denatured alcohol. Flush the hell out of the engine block and bearings. Once you have done that, Flush the hell out of the engine block and bearings. Once that is done Flush the hell out of the engine block and bearings. Get the drift? Do the same with all the parts. then take the carb apart and do the same. If you have a digital camera take pics of each part what order you took them off and where they came from. Its not hard but its better to have a record.

Replace parts if needed and put everything back together using a good coating of after run oil or WD40 on everything.

ARO works a lot better than WD-40 IMHO.

The thing that turns the piston is called the crankshaft....And I'm guessing the thing that liikes like a quarter that has a gear on it is called a clutchbell....First take off the little clip of the end of the clutch bell them you will have to un screw the fly wheel off the crankshaft then it should slide out

On the TRX Pro .15, which way does the hole in the side of the piston face? I was just wondering about that after reading this thread and was curious if I put it in wrong. It still runs ok... but it seems to be having trouble.

On the TRX Pro .15, which way does the hole in the side of the piston face? I was just wondering about that after reading this thread and was curious if I put it in wrong. It still runs ok... but it seems to be having trouble.

And fisherman, that sucks. lol Sorry but yeah.

And What was that kodama

You type that same thing twice

I owne a 2.5 t-maxx and when i went to put the carb back in theres still a little bit of the neack hanging out. I dont think its going in all the way because i can still see the orange o ring at the top of the neack. Oh i decided to not take the crank shaft out i went to but the skrew on the fly wheel was really tight .So i just took WD40 and sprayed the whole inside of the blaock. Man o Man was there a lot of dirt in there.

Get truck back to gether and wolnt start now. When i hit the throttle it goes but wolnt start and idol, oh and it dies when i let off the gas. What do yoll think? I'm pretty sure i put every thing back right.i Idont think its the glow plug. Please someone help.

You should take it back apart and take the crank out and clean it all again.By not taking the crank out you left dirt in the engine. Make sure you get all the dirt out of the carb.Take the needles out and spray through the holes.

Back