Small ones!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to place my order of SMC race formula 3S 11.1V 6500mAh 70C traxxas lipo batteries
The availability in Canada brings them up to a crisp 74.99

Unless someone can give my another suggestion.

Last edited:
Those packs will never fit, and will likely be as big as the MERV itself. You need to go read the sticky in the micro / mini section, lots of batteries listed there that will fit.

Turnigy nano tech 2s 2200mah fit perfect and have held up well for me
Turnigy 1600mah 3s packs fit with some shoving, pushing and choice words, a 1500mah might be better.

Do a Google search of MERV battery compartment sizes, I think it's even on here somewhere.

Ok now that I know the size these ones!:
Race Formula 7.4V Shorty 4600mAh 70C Inboard
I think they will work if I change the spacers and remove the doors on the alloy chassis I just bought!

They are 55.00 at www.begoraving.com, are most 3s large?

Last edited:
I think I'll give the turnigys a go, everything on the SMC page is too wide or too tall for the chassis I just paypalled

I like the turnigy 3s 1600mAh with any luck (fingers crossed) the GPM chassis will allow the extra 5mm in length I might be needing

Last edited:
Went with an onyx 245 charger...and a pair of traxxas 2s 7.4V 2200mAh packs...I did a bit of shopping over the weekend and came to realize although the batteries are more than I wanted to pay, I save 6 bucks getting them from a closer supplier/ the charger seems reasonable at its price 120 Canadian

I have no idea when my parts come from www.TheToyz.com

Traxxas lipos are over priced. They charge ~$70 for a 25c 5000mah 2s...

I got both of these for $65....did I get hosed?

There are a lot cheaper and better battery's that don't cost you $65

After showing the guy at the LHS the comments from the rest of the guys on RCNT he/they let me take the batteries for $60 even, and no tax on the rest of the purchase order.....no shipping charge cause I was in store.
I'm never happy about spending "coin" but I think I did ok.

So now I have my charger and batteries, which is good just riding through fort sask hoping ill get to have some time to play tonight

How much stronger can I make the drivetrain.......steel trans gears?, hardened steel dogbones/halfshafts?

^^theyre probably way stronger than these plastic ones....they should hold up until next weekend...I hope^^

Why does traxxas make almost everything out of plastic....they must realize the frustration involved in hitting the dog food bowl and snapping a control arm, and a push rod!

Last edited:
Titanium pushrods and toe-links are your friends.

I think I'll be cruising the www.thetoyz.com webpage before my night is done......just so happens to be a full moon on my side of the world

I see the steel CVDs but I'm wondering if I can have dog-bones like my savages, or mini half shafts!

Has anyone tried the hot racing line up so far they are the only ones I've found making steel transmission gears, as well as spurs

Back