slipper clutch info

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukas nault

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is it better to have a loose slipper clutch and have less tire spin? or better to tighten it right up so ur tires go crazy? i realize this may be all about ur driving style, but is one of these better or worse for the motor?

u should able to get it in between. you can have it tight enough to do wheelies but it will still slip before your gears rip apart. just try adjusting the slipper while ur out and tighten it it by small increments till it does wheelies. you should be able to put a pin through the shaft and be able to still turn the spur with ur fingers with a bit of pressure.

Having it too loose will take away any power you may try to produce and lay to the ground. On the other hand if you have it completely tight you stand a very good chance of prematurely ruining your transmission due to the excess power wearing your gearing out early. Like Revo stated its about a happy medium. Most rigs would get run at 1/2 to 3/4 turns out from locked. What rig are you running?

I'm runing the straxxas pede 2 weel drive, brushed motor

If you are doing flat speed run on pavement you want to tight en the slipper all the way down otherwise setting to the factory settings.

If you are doing flat speed run on pavement you want to tight en the slipper all the way down otherwise setting to the factory settings.

so if I'm on pavment, i want it tight tight so it dosnt slip? or loose so it slips?

i usually tighten mine all the way down then back it off about a full turn. that should put you close to where you need to be. then you will have to fine tune it as you run.
as to which one is better than the other, too tight as well as too loose can both cause you problems. i wouldnt recommend either one, need to find a happy medium like stated before.

Last edited:
Set it to slip for 1-2 feet on full throttle take off on pavement or concrete. This will give you all the traction you can use while protecting the drivetrain.

Set it to slip for 1-2 feet on full throttle take off on pavement or concrete. This will give you all the traction you can use while protecting the drivetrain.

Ur saying i should take it off on pavement??? or just tighten it? and if i take it off how do i do that?

Heh? Adjust the slipper to slip for 1-2 feet on concrete or pavement. Start with it a little loose, and tighten as needed.

Back