sleeve grinding (racing purposes only)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Cadereyta

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi! have you ever seen or heard about grinding a sleeve?

supposedly you make a small grind on the directions of the outside of the ports (outside of the sleeve grind only) the objective its to reduce a little bit the sleeve thickness in the lower part of the ports, to improve fuel intake and exhaust gases, you should make a small grind and then polish the area and clean it, to improve models performance.

i have images and a manual about this grinding procedure, probably sharing them here in 1 or 2 days.

here is a improved small chart i still remember about this, hope u understand!

A=stock model B= modified grinded sleeve model

1ft---------2ft-------3ft------4ft------5ft----------6ft-------7ft
_l_________l________l____distance_travel line______l________l___

A1sec_____A2sec________A3sec___________A4sec____________

B1sec_________B2sec______________B3sec____________________B4sec

hope its usefull :)

rc cadereyta here!!:first_place:

Last edited:
P n P on a sleeve can be rewarding. I put all my engines under the dremel. I like to be sure they are well broke in and well tuned prior to doing this type of mod. Be carefull and patient.

i allways wanted to experament with porting and polishing but never had the time heck i have a hard enough time to keep one of my rigs rtr

---------- Post added at 9:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:49 AM ----------

sorry my spelling sucks

If your racing you better check to see if it'd allowed in your class before you try your hand at Porting & polishing your race engine sleeve.