Sirio s27 vs .26max?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone know how a sirio s27 compares to a picco 26 max....? Just wondering I'm trying to decide if I should get the steel transmission innards or just stock up on 2 speed gearsets. Thanx in advance.

Picco runs a little better. Probably lasts a lot longer. The Sirio comes with a crappy mount. We've had both engines and they both rip. They Picco engine mount won't work on the Sirio. The Sirio doesn't come with instructions, so you have to hope it's rich from the factory. Not a huge deal if you've broke in other engines.

I personally like the Picco same as Matt...The metal gears will last longer, but the stocks will hold up unless you are abusive (like most of us are). The RRP will cost around $100 from Tower. Just depends on how often you wanna be spitting the tranny open.

Picco runs a little better. Probably lasts a lot longer. The Sirio comes with a crappy mount. We've had both engines and they both rip. They Picco engine mount won't work on the Sirio. The Sirio doesn't come with instructions, so you have to hope it's rich from the factory. Not a huge deal if you've broke in other engines.

Yeah I'll have to see I guess. For 159.00 I couldn't pass it up. I got a trinity mount coming. I got a good deal on the motor cuz it was for a tmaxx....the revo "version" was like 269 or something. It doesn't seem to have a lot of pinch though, and I'm not quite sure why but it looks like it has a some machine work on the very top of the piston(kinda like a piston ring machined into it?) and then on the bottom too. My guess is that the middle of the piston is a few thousandths smaller than the top and bottom. Also I'm thinking that the overall tolerances are machined much better on this as compared to some other engines. Either way I know it'll rip. Thanx. Oh yeah I got that single outlet rd pipe too looks like a nice piece.

I personally like the Picco same as Matt...The metal gears will last longer, but the stocks will hold up unless you are abusive (like most of us are). The RRP will cost around $100 from Tower. Just depends on how often you wanna be spitting the tranny open.

Yeah I'm already into this project about 400 bucks I'll do the work as necessary. And no hard feelings ok? We're all adults here and I know 3.3's are cheap. I just wanna talk rc in my freetime. I do have about 12 engines under my belt but I'm no professional.

Yeah I'm already into this project about 400 bucks I'll do the work as necessary. And no hard feelings ok? We're all adults here and I know 3.3's are cheap. I just wanna talk rc in my freetime. I do have about 12 engines under my belt but I'm no professional.
No big deal man...you have to work pretty hard to stir me up too bad. But as I said before the stock gears will hold up for a while....they have done good so far with the RB .23 in one of my Revos. My other Revo I have a BB.25...have not ran it enough to know how long the gears will last. I have a T-Maxx I went all metal tranny gears and hybrid 1/8 scale diffs...but it is also backed up by a Sirio .30 so it will really need the extra strength. Stock gears are fairly inexpensive so run 'em until they shell out then make the decision of what to get next IMO. Also that is a pretty good price on the .27....I still like the Picco better but for the price....emmm yeah I understand the decision for sure. Oh and $400 in to the project....heh heh buddy it only gets worse. It's like drugs.....it's all down hill from here.

I run the S27 with the stock tranny internals. I have not run into any problems yet.
I did change to a close ratio gearset and run the rear brake kit with center diff.
I jumped on the $159.00 deal myself. So far I have run 3 gallons through the Sirio and she is still running great. My opinion on the S27 is that it runs much better with the 30% fuel mix.

No big deal man...you have to work pretty hard to stir me up too bad. But as I said before the stock gears will hold up for a while....they have done good so far with the RB .23 in one of my Revos. My other Revo I have a BB.25...have not ran it enough to know how long the gears will last. I have a T-Maxx I went all metal tranny gears and hybrid 1/8 scale diffs...but it is also backed up by a Sirio .30 so it will really need the extra strength. Stock gears are fairly inexpensive so run 'em until they shell out then make the decision of what to get next IMO. Also that is a pretty good price on the .27....I still like the Picco better but for the price....emmm yeah I understand the decision for sure. Oh and $400 in to the project....heh heh buddy it only gets worse. It's like drugs.....it's all down hill from here.

Yeah well this keeps me from drugs i've been 100% clean over 2 years now and no regrets about a 1000 dollar revo. I have worn out two sets of 1,2 gears on this truck but that's cuz truck itself has seen about 12-14 gallons by now. I'm starting fresh with new plastic gears....Thanx for the advice.

Whats the deal with $159.00? Who what where when?

Ebay store called johnhobbyworld. It's only the one for the maxx (@159.00) but it's the same engine. I was going to get a nice mount and exhaust anyway so it worked out good for me.

I run the S27 with the stock tranny internals. I have not run into any problems yet.
I did change to a close ratio gearset and run the rear brake kit with center diff.
I jumped on the $159.00 deal myself. So far I have run 3 gallons through the Sirio and she is still running great. My opinion on the S27 is that it runs much better with the 30% fuel mix.

Yeah I'll have to try the 30%.

Wow that is super cheap.just ordered picco red dot.weird thing is sirio only a 3 port seems kinds weird I thought. Good luck keep us updated.

Wow that is super cheap.just ordered picco red dot.weird thing is sirio only a 3 port seems kinds weird I thought. Good luck keep us updated.
I have a Sirio .30 in my Maxx and it is a 3-port as well. I don't really have enough fuel through it so make a god determination of how good of an engine it is though. They have a good reputation at least.

Nah don't let the number of ports scare ya it'll rip I'm sure.

I have two questions.
Will an RB TM523 header work on the Sirio 27?
Is there a back plate available to convert it to bump start?

So far I have ran the TRX3.3, OS.21TM,Picco .26Max, RB TM523.I would like to try one of these but it needs to be bump start.

Well don't just leave me hangin here Dudes that rude! Anyone?

ah I just picked up an OS .18TZ so I may run this at Motorama this year.

I have two questions.
Will an RB TM523 header work on the Sirio 27?
Is there a back plate available to convert it to bump start?

So far I have ran the TRX3.3, OS.21TM,Picco .26Max, RB TM523.I would like to try one of these but it needs to be bump start.

Chaos I am not sure if it will work or not brother. The RB is a standard .21 size...I think I still have mine since I went with a side pipe. So if the Sirio .27 is a standard .21 size it should work. Also I ran a .18 TZ EB Mod and that sucker would scream....it actually took a big block with a .21 in it. He had me off the line but once RPM got up a tiny bit.....I would leave him every time.

So far I've only fired it up to hear it run about 10 minutes or so and of course I was trying to take it easy but it seems like a beast!! I still didn't have my tekno throttle arm on it and it was a bit tricky keeping it on all four. I have an 18/36 gear combo which is very high but it went over backwards like nothing. As for size I think it's considered a medium block but it is big and has a bb exhaust. I bought the tmaxx version because it was so much cheaper that way, then a trinity .23 mount that also works with the .27 and says on the package that it's for the .18!