Sirio Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IversonMino

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is it worth it to get the Trinity Sirio 3.0 T-Maxx Nitro Engine for my 2.5 maxx?
If so then do i need anything else?

YES its so worth it its a HUGE step up from the 2.5 HUGE!!! If you alredy have the 2.5 maxx you shouldnt have to buy anything else.

you may want to get cvd's if u dont have them already

the faster motor will spin the dogbones in half

i doubt that u will need cvd's for this engine, but it would be a good idea in the long run.

bryan

yes it's worth it, it'll blow the socks off a 2.5. If you do get it replace the stock pipe with the recomended sirio pipe #S18200001, huge differece in power. As to the cvds, I would replace them. Broken sliders are not fun to replace, but they are a lot cheaper than even the very best deal on cvds. You can cut some corners for the power, rebuild your stock 2.5 with the sirio piston and sleeve kit, then install the sirio pipe and you'll get almost as much power, almost. fyi I have 2 sirio mills, they're great.

sirio
http://www.teamtrinity.com/nitro/engines/sirio/sirio.asp

pipe, this guy is quick and the best deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3146950113&category=44029

see mine in my gallery, 27 and the 18

Good luck

Last edited:
Sirio upgrade

Yup, I got me a Sirio .18, I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Last week I sold my TRX 2.5 on Ebay at what can only be termed as a "good price", over $100. It only had 3/4 gallon through it, but the TRX is a tempramental motor, that's why I bought the Sirio.

I will fit it next week, oh and I got the big bad Sirio pipe too, the S18200001. Gawd, that thing is HUGE compared to the TRX pipe!

I have read that the throttle linkage on the Sirio is a bastard to set up, I'm also curious as to how that big bad Sirio pipe will fit too!
Fortunately I invested in some exhaust couplings and a Motor Savers air filter too.

I'll let you know how it goes

Re: Sirio upgrade

Originally posted by Mondo

I have read that the throttle linkage on the Sirio is a bastard to set up, I'm also curious as to how that big bad Sirio pipe will fit too!
Fortunately I invested in some exhaust couplings and a Motor Savers air filter too.

I'll let you know how it goes

You will probably have to cut the header by 1/4 inch as recomended and remove the radio box to tighten it down properly. the throttle linkage is a breeze, you'll see what i'm talking about when you install it, it needs to be at just the right angle so it won't bind on the easy start if you still have it installed.

I was thinkin about getting the R/C ritters one but i don't know what pipe though?
or should i get the pipes you mentioned?

go back a few posts in this thread and link to trinity's site. if my memory serves me, the sirio 18 has good instructions that come with it. the tx-18 was designed to work with the stock traxxas header. you may want to shorten by 1/4 inch per the instructions.

0k so they give you directoions with it?
can i get a pull start for this?

thanks

i ment for the engine, can you get a pull start for the engine?

Yes iam using the 2.5 pull start because it comes with the E/Z start back plate so the pull start just screwed right in. I think you can use the savage but iam not sure. Yes they do give directions with it how to brake it in and how to put every thing on it like header and the carb.

Last edited:
The sirio comes with a header (to fit 2.5 pipe) so that is no problem...
as for breakin it came with in structions but they were Very Vague (sp) so Me and kk Idled 2 tanks then went for 2@ slow speeds (1/4-1/2 throttle) Then 2 @ 3/4 to full (with cool down periods between the first 3 tanks, Body off for all of breakin) then we just leaned it out so it took off well and ran it easy for a few more tanks then leaned it out some more... I can say this engine is a screamer!! even while so rich it blows fuel out of the pipe...

you might want to use the E z start for breakin... ( much easier, the compression of this engine will tire your arm quickly)

Ya the pull start with my brand new sirio was a well female dog so to speak to pull over. But ya the sirio rich witch my is running now will do major wheelies. I could do alot of power free ups if I wanted to like the sirio pipe and lean it out run odonnel SP in it and something else I forgot.