Sindle speed conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbons

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anybody know anything about the single speed conversion? Does the truck still go as fast and have the same amount of torque

Does the truck still go as fast and have the same amount of torque

No.

That's the point of having a 2speed, to get decent top speed without sacrificing too much bottom end torque. This is a case where you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

so if you went to single speed it would have a lot of torque and cut the top speed way down like if you were just in first all the time

A single speed is usually a compromise on both to arrive somewhere in the middle. You'll basically get average torque and speed where before you got great torque and high top speed.

Well, a single speed T-Maxx is as much fun as boiled Spam and way over cooked veggies. Kinda Meeehh. You can still play with it but....the fun of it burning out, wheelies and shifting.... accelerating...is all gone.

so if you went to single speed it would have a lot of torque and cut the top speed way down like if you were just in first all the time

Yep, because you WOULD be in first gear all the time. However, if you somehow lock it into second then the opposite would be true.

I'm only assuming you are looking at keeping it in 1st. I've never heard of a single speed conversion that was an in-between gear ratio.

Yep, because you WOULD be in first gear all the time. However, if you somehow lock it into second then the opposite would be true.

I'm only assuming you are looking at keeping it in 1st. I've never heard of a single speed conversion that was an in-between gear ratio.

Wasn't it the sport-maxx that has a single speed, 2wd, and no reverse? I couldn't imagine a t-maxx without a 2-speed. It doesn't make sense to me.

Back