Shock Oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbons

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How much oil does it take to refill all of the stock tmaxx shocks and what is the best weight to use? I like them to be a little stiffer if that helps and I'm not sure what is in them now. Thanks for any help.

One of those little bottles of shock oil is enough to do all 8 shocks with plenty left over. I"m using 35wt in mine with the trinity blue springs, however, I wish now that I had of maybe gone just a little higher in wt.

My problem is I want to adjust my shocks to maximize ride hieght but that makes them too soft, I also have a hard bodyz roll cage so it adds some wt. I have preloads on them and it dont seem to cut it.

Exactly, short of getting big bore shocks, you can get most of the sag out with the trinity blue springs, and get a fair compromise of handling and dampening with the 50wt oil. My truck has got to be almost as heaavy as they get and with a few preloads it sits up as good as new.