Scope for my pistol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm wanting to install a red dot scope on my Ruger mk II. I've found a very mounts that I really like and they done require and gunsmith work. But I'm having a hard time picking out a scope for it. I don't want to spend a fortune on it and it will be for target shooting only. My wife really wants to learn to shoot I can't wait to teach her.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Thanks that super helpful. I'm thinking maybe a 30mm or 42mm red dot will work out good. My ruger is all stainless and I have the 6 7/8in bull barrel installed it accurate as heck and fun to shoot. A scope will make it better.

Yep, gotta love .22 pistols. I never have shot a pistol with anything but iron sights though.

I had the same pistol back in the day, came with a nice set of facotry Ruger rings and base plate. I had a cheapo red dot on it, and it worked great. If I had it to do over though, I personally would go with iron sights, but that's just a personal preference thing.

I have a nice setup on my 10/22 that I can look under the scope and use the irons. I can't find one the the mk ii. My friends and I will have challenges to see who can hit the plates first at 200 yards with our .22s. I've hit the plate at 100 with the pistol.

Check out cheaperthandirt.com. GREAT site. I've gotten a good bit of gear from them.

I have used OpticPlanet a lot. I bought my entire BlackHawk set-up, Dropleg holster, Molle mount and belt mount with quick disconnects to be able to swap them back and forth. Cheaperthandirt is a great sight have bought TONS of ammo from them in bulk. Another good site is Sportsmansguide.com, they are a lot like CTD. I had a little MkII and I loved it, great little gun. The best shooting I had was a S&W target....that sucker was amazing. I think .22 is about my favorite and more just because of cost and noise. However nothing like watching something disintegrate under the .50BMG I had....now that bad boy is really expensive to shoot now.

I'm really itching so get out and shoot. My friend just called and he just bought a Taurus .40 and their 410 pistol.

I would like to get a larger pistol but the .22 is so cheap to shoot. We will see if I really like his .40 I might have to get one for myself. ;)

I really like Taurus personally. My dad has a .41 revolver, been an awesome gun. But then again, its a revolver, not a semi auto, which is prolly a big difference maker...

What would you suggest for a decent .40 or 9mm.

Either sig for comfort, or glock for reliability. The problem with the S&W's these days, is they are all out of balance. What size gun are you looking for? Full size? Compact? Subcompact?

I've got a S&W M&P .40 and love shooting it. Was surfing around today and found I can put in a 9mm or 357 barrel in my gun and it will work without any issues.

I too would like to add some optics to it, just haven't found anything yet.

Springfield XDM all the way! At the very least go to a store and feel it!

I guess I need to go to a nice shop and really check them out. I've heard good things about the Springfield.
I'm looking at something sub-compact so both me and my wife can shoot it.

A few years ago, I was deff a huge fan of Springfield arms. Now I'm not really feeling them. They seem like an rtr version of an RC. You buy the gun, it comes with holsters, and all kinds of accessories to build their sales up. I just don't see the quality that used to be there.

I guess I need to go to a nice shop and really check them out. I've heard good things about the Springfield.
I'm looking at something sub-compact so both me and my wife can shoot it.

I've never shot the 9mm or the .45XDM, but I do know the full sized .40 recoils more like a 9mil than a .40. The wifey shouldn't have a problem with the size of a full sized .40 xdm, but if she does they also sell compacts:D Just so you know if you go shopping for a XDM, there is a difference between a XD and an XDM. The XD(m) is the better of the two.

A few years ago, I was deff a huge fan of Springfield arms. Now I'm not really feeling them. They seem like an rtr version of an RC. You buy the gun, it comes with holsters, and all kinds of accessories to build their sales up. I just don't see the quality that used to be there.

I love everything about the XDm. the feel, recoil, dis assembly, not to mention it's mighty good looks. The trigger would be the only beef a have with the gun, it could be a little lighter, but I like pretty light triggers on any gun.

Not a big fan of the safety on the rear of the grip.

Back