Schumacher Menace 21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got mine 3 weeks ago.. its sick.. of corse I've broken 2 parts alreat.. the front suspention stay, and a rear a arm.. BUT my LHS loves me so much he sold me the BOX of parts he received with the truck at cost :smart: so i saved 75-100$ with that deal... but it is scarry fast.. not practical for anything other than hey check this out..

Hi,
here u can see the hole vid, not driving bad or at 70+MPH, just barley got it in the 3rd. And it's not only me having allot of problems.

http://htb.servebeer.com/menache21.wmv

Last edited by jeliasse on 12-02-2003 at 10:23 PM Edit Sig | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Originally posted by bigboystoysguy
man oh man lots of neg vibes. i work for a lhs and i see our menace every day. we sell them and we have had only one problem with them, see if you can help me adrian, i think they are called BAD DRIVERS AT 70 MPH!!! lol i love the truck and am going to bye one soon and now i see the "customer support" is outstanding and that made up my mind.

jeliasse - I think it broke when you hit the curb sideways/backwards or that hit weakend the part and it broke shortly there after. Keep in mind that at full throttle in 2nd gear the car will be running at ~55mph before shifting into 3rd.

Look for the green truck that jumps the highest and flies the furthest....its a Menace 21. The guy in the video ran his Menace like this all day and told me the only time it stopped was when it broke a front a arm. He replaced it an ran it the rest of the day with no problems. You can see the landing where he broke it and later on you see him jump a bunch more times. The last few jumps are with the Menace and notice it drives away every time.

http://niffken.no-ip.org:1778/niffken/mymaxx/coldair.wmv

Last edited:
I will let your comment and my vid talk for it self. If it can't handle that kind of driving, well...:ban:

After seeing those clips,and reading this whole thread, I still have only two words to say! BUGGIES RULE!!!

hi

i have a menace 21 and a have broken the 1gear twice. i don`t no if it`s my bad luck. or the are a bad system whit the gear (a box around the gear so noting gets between the gear) the car is 1mnd old i haven`t drive one liter whit nitro yet.. so maybe i keep it on the asphalt from now were its opion to bee??:alien:

if the guy talking about gears wiped out the 1st gear hub.. it was discussed on rczone that if the brake is used to keep it from moving when at idle heat builds up, friction gets to work and wipes it out.. set it up so th eidel is correct with NO brake drag at all and see if that solves your issue..

i plan on getting one w/o radio in may i have already bought a new and complete radio on ebay for $22+ shipping little cheaper that way

Schumacher

:cheers: Sorry you had trouble. I have an XTR 3 speed similar to the Menace and have not issues at all. Have you contacted Schumacher? They have a site in Florida and those guys will help if needed. Good luck..

Schumacher
Sorry you had trouble. I have an XTR 3 speed similar to the Menace and have not issues at all. Have you contacted Schumacher? They have a site in Florida and those guys will help if needed. Good luck..

My menace runs GREAT! and It's super FAST....actually too fast. It really will do about 70mph...and if u wreck it ... it will break. Although most of mine have been minor....body posts...shocktower mount...a rear knuckle...and a turnbuckle. No probs w/ gears and I run mine in rocky dirt all the time.

i bought a menace a month ago...i let my friend have a go an he hit a curb hard on the day i got it!!.replaced a wishbone and another small part ,then took it to work and had a play tryed doing jumps over a speed bump slowly ish...it flipped but was fine.... so far I've found that you have to hit it pretty hard/fast to break bits off it

but after reading some of the above comments I'm happy knowing that schumacher uk have the same level of service as the U.S

haha wow.

this was at a.

"omg i have the baddest truck on the block"
to

"oh my frikken gawd this thing sucks someone take it off my hands for free please"

Robmob how do you like your Menace?mine is great that other guy had very bad luck with his I kill lots of jato's:flamer:

What do you guys think about the .28 Thundertiger conversion,for 200 bucks is it really worth it:flaming:

Sold the Menace over 2 years ago.

OMG, What am i hearing?

I've had a schumacher menace 21 for quite some time now, without a single problem..

It's a great, fun & fast car..

The car is expensive, but made to drive and not crash...... If you treat it properly and dont crash, the cars will last for a very long time ( like mine )

But if you crash, obviously it WILL NOT last...

It's a VERY fun toy, you just need to be carefull with it, that's all..

Holy old thread Batman!

Damn. Another noob opened up the attic and pulled out an old thread. This one just might hold the record as the oldest one to be brought back to life?

Now go get a mop and pail and clean up this mess, noob. Rolex will faint seeing all this dust everywhere...

Back