School Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JATO

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm making an rc car at school for a project in my auto class. I was going to use a weed wacker engine but the really f***ed up. So I was just wondering if any .21-.32 would have enough power to move this sucker. I'm using a push mower crassis with lots of cut outs in the bottem and it is about 2'. I'm looking for something with lots of low end with good top end.

lol, I would say no. Some of bigblock motors barly move a savage or some other heavy MT.. How are you going to steer this thing?

The clutch on any nitro powered bigblock mill would be enough to smash any dreams of moving a mower.

Perhaps just mount a regular Briggs & Straton with the belt drive that helps you push the mower around. devise some way to relay all the power of the motor to he wheels insted of the blades and slap someelctronics on it. A high tourqe servo would be enough for the throttle and two or three in a series would turn it pretty well.

Hope you have a lot of time to work on this thing lol, let us know how it comes out.

dougc said:
lol, I would say no. Some of bigblock motors barly move a savage or some other heavy MT.. How are you going to steer this thing?

No way!! Any big block motor would have no problem moving a savage...its not that bug of a MT. Theres always biger, for instance, the LST. That is way bugger then the Savage, and a 26 has no problem moving that....
its all in the gearing....

Perhaps try a huge 4 stroke from a plane or something??

It is only a push mower not a riding more and I think that I could make it weight around
3lbs.

jato...take a look at fuji engines...now..these are mainly used on planes...but if your are doing a school project....sky is the limit. hahaha. only thing,...not pull start. just a idea

If you really want a nitro mill, look into the Cen Genisis mill.

I'd go with a FG Marder engine, or a 4 stroke... I had a small push mower and I thought about this too haha.

if its only going to be 3lbs, a good .21-.27 should have no problems with that.

Nitro_Freak said:
if its only going to be 3lbs, a good .21-.27 should have no problems with that.

totaly agree any big block will have no problems with that..

what other rc's do you own? ...id buy an engine that can be used as a upgrade engine to one of my nitros after the project is done :)

We have just changed our chassis to a Gt snow racer and we now have a good
chain saw motor but I have another proble is that I don;t have a way to mount the chassis any suggestions please feel free.

Back