Sc 10 teansplant to ecx amp circuit.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybasher

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if a sc10 transmission can be adapted to an ECX Amp buggy chassis if been told it i can and others say it is a waste of time since it is a locked diff.

I'm sure you can . but iam unsure of using sc A arm on amp buggy I put a xxxt trans on a rustler back in 96 ish

It's very unlikely that the part holes will line up and may require major modification to make it work.

Generally, it's best to junk an old car and buy new to have peace of mind with far less frustration.

It's been awhile since I "hung out" in RC Talk's sister/brother/network site, ECX Forum, but I never heard of such SC10 tranny~Amp transplant happening. Amp section of the ECX Forum: https://www.ecxforum.com/forums/ecx-amp/

SC10 came with a gear diff, or a ball diff. I'm not sure where the mentioned "locked diff" comes into play. Also, not sure if you are talking about a complete tranny with tranny case, or just the diff... ball bearings are different on both SC10 and Amp platforms.

1693170964673.png

Even if you were to get the SC10 tranny braced on the chassis somehow, you would have to deal with fitment/use of dog bones, or CV axles, and hub carriers.

Parts for the Amp are still readily available. Correct?

Good luck!