Savage XL Octane...released...well sort of...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It appears that the Savage Octane has been release in Europe and should be released here later this year... I found this picture on HPI Racing Facebook page.

321381_482172065179324_1276277132_n.jpg

I was super excited for this but for some reason it just looks like it is going to be heavy and fragile. I really hope I am wrong!

what looks fragile about it?? I think it looks like a tank, yes it may be heavy, but i would say they thought of that when building......it is what they do for a living.

Plastic shocks...again??? You would think they would have learned from the Flux that plastic shock housings/caps are garbage!?!?!?

curious to see what the price tag is when they release it here in the States !

Looks like a beast to me. I will be saving some money back for one, OH YAH! And shocks are an easy upgrade. I bet that thing will be a torque monster.

I am going to get one once they are released! I even have a special spot on the shelf saved for it.

I was going to get another large scale in 2014 but I may get this instead. Only time will tell.

Hmmm, I wonder if that engine will fit my Revo?

I will be negotiating with the wife for this one. I wonder how much it will cost me.... Not the truck , the wife. The truck will be cheap compared to what she will wants

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained

I've got a box full of Fast Lane Machine parts specifically for this build but I have since reconsidered. I may have to wait until I can see one in action though to make a final decision.

I'm with olds_lss on this one, only it's more like hello savage 3 for me sorta my first savage was just a box of stuff I bought on eBay...didn't even come with a manual, and lots of the hardware was missing

modal sport are now saying june 24th but I'm not holding my breath all i want is that engine

Just the engine, what are you planning to drop it into?

I want one cause I hate ordering fuel

I wonder if it'll fit in a truggy

Just the engine, what are you planning to drop it into?

I want one cause I hate ordering fuel

I wonder if it'll fit in a truggy

I doubt the engine would have the RPMs needed for a truggy, I see the engine only being good for torque. That's just me assuming now, I haven't seen any specs for it.

Hmm, torque you say? Sounds like a good engine for my savy that I've had packed away in storage for some time now, pulling project here I come!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2

Back