Savage X vs. T-maxx 3.3 Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boricuawarior

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello, I'm trying to decide betew the Savage X and T-maxx 3.3 any sugestions will be helpful.
Thanks!

Savage, I owned a tmaxx b4, suks ass!

Heard good and bad things on the maxx, but never owned one...so can't comment on it. Savage all the way!!!

This topic comes up about once a week and the results are usually the same. Savage all the way!!

Being a Tmaxx owner, one would think I would be partial. However, the Savage does have a superior chassis design. The reason I went with a Tmaxx is shear economics. I got it used in great shape for $150 and knew that there were ENDLESS part options on ebay and around the web, new and used I could get for cheap and build it up the way I wanted for much less than a Savage.

Now if I had the coin to drop on a new truck, I would go with a Savage for sure.

Can I recommend a different truck? Look at Losi..

They have the Aftershock which is a great truck. It has a very nice layout and is a strong truck. Handles like a Revo, but takes a beating like a Savage. Has 4 MASSIVE shocks that absorb the impact and a all steel transmission. The XR2i computerized Radio is a great starting radio thats 10 times better then the Maxx or Savage has, and also has duel Metal Geared servos to turn the massive wheels. It's bigger then a Savage and Tmaxx or Revo and at a great price. Only 334.99 on Amainhobbies

OR if you have a couple more dollars to spend, I'd get the Losi LST XXL hands down. Many people say it was stupid everything Losi did to it, retarded price and all that, but it's 10 dollars more then the LST2 was, Has a Spectrum DX3s Radio, Spectrum servos, Steel tranny with reverse, (WAY better then the traxxas crap) and has even stronger Axles, diff's, arms, and hubs.

649.99 on Amain as well.

But if its against only the Maxx and Savage then I'd get the Savage X or XL hands down.

The only problems with the Savage really is that it breaks shocks from time to time and has sloppy differentials. Also the fuel tank design could be better and will explode if you flip the truck without the body on it.

The Maxx has a lot more issues, the bulkheads are weak, they break all the time, bend your hinge pins and make them impossible to get out, has plastic drive shafts apposed to the Savage or Losi CVD's, the Caster blocks are week, the arms are thin, if you like tearing it down and replacing broken parts every time you take it out, get a maxx, but otherwise, a Savage or Losi.

Love my T-Maxx but really like the chassi/frame of the savage looks like you could just bend it back after a crash...T-Maxx you can find tons of hopups for everywhere some cheap some not...I'd guess it might be the same with a Savage. I know a guy that owns both and he runs them both but he runs the T-maxx more than his Savage or his LSI matter of fact the LSI isn't even broke in yet..Good luck which ever you choose.

Scott

Back