Savage x 4.6 engine trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpi4life

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently took my f4.6 engine apart and gave it a thorough cleaning. I replaced the glow plug and the fuel lines. I put it all back together and tried and to start it. I can see fuel getting to the carb and when I put the glow plug igniter on and turn the engine over I feel like it is trying to start but it won't even start for a second.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

check to make sure you dint put the piston in back words .
cutout part of the piston should be facing the carb
all so make sure your not try to start the engine back words

Granted you assembled your engine properly, check the throttle linkage and make sure your carb is 0.5-1mm open on idle.

Then try leaning out your LSN until it starts up and is able to hold an idle.

After you check those things ^ try opening your throttle slightly when trying to start it, a little extra throttle can make a world of difference especially if the needles are a little rich.

Thanks for the feedback!! After taking a look I realized I did put the piston in backwards! Fixed it and it fired right up! Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback!! After taking a look I realized I did put the piston in backwards! Fixed it and it fired right up! Thanks again.

Glad the hear you got it worked out :D