Savage Wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC RICK

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Please could someone tell me which wheels fit the new big joes tires and has anyone thought of spraying the stock wheels cause all the chrome just flakes off
THANKS RICK

Any stock sized tmaxx wheels will work, you will need velocity 6 wheels for big joes, the welds need s 50-60$ adapter to fit.

if all the chrome on your wheels has not come off and u want to save some $ try dying them.. use some acetone to pull whats left of the chrome off.. and follow instructions below..

Items needed, some of the 3 for 2$ Gladlock type containers, ya know the ones that are microwave safe. this is your dying dish....

and some dye

steps to doing it.

sav30.jpg

sav32.jpg

i set the wheels in the dish, filled it with water, since mine are 2 tone i had to do a little marking for my desire on the dish so i knew how much water was needed at a level area to do that. i used a marker to mark the position with wheels in the water, then took the wheels out and marked it with out wheels, will be a lower water line.

Boil a pan of water, then pour into the tub to the water line, mix in the dye (used a plastic picnic type spoon) and set wheels in. the longer they sit the darker they get.

in all they dye job costed me 6$ and i have no problem with pitching the dye pan so i know my son will not ever get to it.

so how do they look? Note: the blue color i have no idea why my camera did that, it is purpal... with a yellow/golden back, looks sweet on the savage.

I have also found that chrome dyes just as easy... as for my big joes,
big3.jpg

also use a old pizza box to set the tub of water on, so if you splash or drip it hits it...

Back