Savage Suggestions???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riz23

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am thinking of dropping a new mill into my Savage 25. My brother-in-law beat me in a head to head with his extended chassis T-Maxx with a Mach .26 in it. I can't take that lying down. Help me get revenge in the name of Savage. What should I go with? Size? Brand? Its your call.

:redbuggy:

In the name of SAVAGE man! Don't let this happen!
Look into a .28 and don't look back, except to see where HE is. :first_place:

Definitely a .28 is in order. Any success stories with a particular make?

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

I've heard nothing but good things about the Lrp. Picco's are nice as well.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Lrp. Picco's are nice as well.

Good call, cuz I was thinking of going with the LRP Z.28. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I need it to haul @$$ in order to smoke my brother-in-laws Mach .26.

You'll be able to gear up with that engine to gain even more top speed.

go with and axial .32 or .28 they are really nice

If money isn't an object I'd go with a Novarossi Plus 28-7/RT.
They also make 5 and 3 port versions of this engine.
RB's 3 port Monster Truck 10 is their equivalent (Novarossi built / RB branded) 3 port version.

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/products/engines/nova/off-road/specs.php?name=PLUS 28-7/RT&brand=nova

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php?part=Products&AR_Stat04=RB CONCEPT&GProduit=01910-000130

That RB is one sweet power plant! Unfortunately for me money is a huge object :(. I do have a spare Mach .26 that I just cleaned and sealed. I was thinking of throwing that in there. Whaddayathink?

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

my buddy has a turd max i say that because I'm a true savage lover no better bashing truck put a k 4.6 on it from hpi and get the 3 speed tranny just because its cool and he wont keep up

I drooped a Axial .32 and was not happy with it. Go with the HPI K4.6 and use HPI's upgrade program. They will give you a discount on the engine if you ship them your old one.

I'd say Picco .28 i got one last summer and been looking back at every one since lol