Savage SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iksnipus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just purchased the Savage SS last week and last night noticed when pulling the starter, oil was all over the place (not from Exhaust) Any suggestions?

And my Truck won't roll backwards?

Thanks

AS for as the backplate thing I think that is normal it does the same for me. And i dont have any problems with mine. As far as it not rolling backwards i dont know about that one.

If its not coming from the exhaust, check your backplate and pullstart. One day of driving my savage ( i know, a mircale eh it was running....well this is why it stopped) the backplate bolts vibrated loose through red automotive loctite. Neway, lots of oil and grease came out al over the place. Make sure u have those bolts loctited and that if it was loose that its clean in ur engine.

Agreed. You probably have a loose backplate at the pull start. There should be no oils or fuel leaking at the backplate. If it is sealing properly it will be dry of oil and fuel anywhere around the engine.
The not rolling backwards, if with the truck shut down and radio turned off, could be as simple as the servo in the brake position.

The not backwards could also be gear mesh that is off a little. I have noticed this when getting the mesh too tight.

HPI has made known that the screws on the .25 backplate are not torqued correctly and all should remove their PS or roto and the backplate, then re-install using loctite to prevent the screws from backing out.

Back