savage cleaning question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys what do you all use to clean your savages? i hate leaving it dirty after a fun day of bashing. with the stuff coming out of the exhaust pipe and dirt getting all over, i've used my air compressor but is there anything that will help? i've heard of simple green and denatured alcohol but haven't tried it yet. what do you all think?

hey guys what do you all use to clean your savages? i hate leaving it dirty after a fun day of bashing. with the stuff coming out of the exhaust pipe and dirt getting all over, i've used my air compressor but is there anything that will help? i've heard of simple green and denatured alcohol but haven't tried it yet. what do you all think?

I use Orange Clean 50/50 mix with denatured alky to spray it down and let it sit for about 2 minutes, then straight denatured alky to rinse it.

I use denatured alcohol in a spray bottle. Works great. Then I spray it off with an air compressor.

buy some oomph from auto zone. soak the truck and let it sit for a few minutes, rinse it off under low water pressure (shower nozzle) and then hit it with the compressor.

Garden hose after covering up the air filter. Then I hit each of the bearings externally with a shot of WD40. I have my rigs waterproofed for winter running, but even still, I avoid hitting my servos. Water only works well if you do it right away. Once the oil/mud dries, you would need to use a solvent to get it to loosen up, then hit it with a hose.

i pull my motor and eletronics off my revo and pressure wash it

I use denatured alcohol or if you can find it electrical contact cleaner and a brush set bought from harbor frieght item number 90631 the set has 9 different brush sizes with long bendable handles to get into every nook and cranny of the savage I use compressed air to blow out loose dirt as I go

The contact cleaner is very good wont harm or disscolor plastic parts or servos evaporates faster than denatured Alcohol also, it does however cost 2-3 times as much. I use it at my job so I get it free a good place to look for it is your local electronic store

Doom

204591865.jpg

That's a good one Rolex !:hehe::hehe:
Here ya go, check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back