Sand tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flandersander

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can anybody recomend a good sand tire? also what should I do about the sand? i balooned my servo's for winter is that good enough?

Keep the body on that for shure. Also you may want to look into Panther paddles, or prolines. Also if I were you, do paddles in the rear, and something like a revo tire in the front. Then take the front diff and drive units out so its a 2 wheel drive truck. Thats what id do in your situation. I have thought about doing this to a revo even. Oh ya and where the foam meets the plastic in the back of the air filter, seal that with some greese or heavy lube, its what I do everytime I go to the desert for safe precaution.

Bryson

Cool. Ur goin on the buddy list. I actually stripped my front diff. so i'm good there. But do they have to be the same size? Or only for 4wd. Also how do I go about taking off my front differencial? for future reference.

If I rember correct you have to take the front bulk heads off, and then undo like 6-8 screws then they should fall out. If your running 2wd then the tires and wheels dont have to be the same size fron and back. Heck you could run stadium fronts and monster rears lol. I have heard that just stock old style tmaxx tires work fine for sand also.

Bryson

I bet they do. Now that I think of it they look kinda pallely. Thanks for the info.

No problem man, always willing to help out and share my usless knoledge lol!

Bryson

If this is the 3.3 Maxx I've found that the stock Talons work good on the sand. I never have problems although they don't rooster tail like paddles do :D

Nope the 2.5 but the tires look pretty sandy like. Maybe I could get them to rooster tail...

if you go paddle in the rear see if you can find a good ribbed tire for the frontthat will grab best in the sand as long as the front tires are on the ground LOL...

like how dirtbike tires are paddled in the back and striped in the front? to steer the sand?

paddles on all 4 corners FTW!! LOL I have had my maxx in the sand with the talons, you will lose traction. and it will be sluggish on acceleration. Also be prepared to replace your driveshafts. I twisted the rear center shaft and made short of my session. Stock 2.5 paddles turned around work good, so run them backwards and they act more like paddles

like how dirtbike tires are paddled in the back and striped in the front? to steer the sand?

Its what you see on dune buggies, the front rib or ribbs are kind of like blades in a straight line they just slice through th sand with no resistance but when you turn they dig in and catch the sand of course this all depends on weather or not your front wheels are on the ground .....