Rock crawlers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZANDOR

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the best starting base the txt or the clod buster??

in my opinion the clod buster is better. i have driven both and the txt is much more top heavy which means you flip over more. the clodbuster is an awesome truck but thats just my 2 cents

Ya the Clod is a good starting point but the best RC are made from all types of trucks

Thats all I am looking for a starting point... i will mill all my own parts for it.

SO the clod is were I shoud start..

ya if u could figure out how to lower the CG on the txt it to will be a formidable truck but like we said a Clod is a good place to start.

Then a Gecko kit man they rock

Tarant said:
ya if u could figure out how to lower the CG on the txt it to will be a formidable truck but like we said a Clod is a good place to start.

Then a Gecko kit man they rock

Do you have a link to the Gecko kit...

Thanks man I think I am going to build one.. I got to run one today and it was the poop.. 4ws 4wd and it had the Gecko kit in it.. but now they have the gECKO2 kit

No Problem u help me I help u
Just remember one thing Pictures

There will be pics.. I just have to get some things together.. Like a clod for the axels and the gecko 2 kit Ill be on my way.. the guy I talked to today said he was getting 2 com 2 lathe motors ???

Those things look pretty sweet! Damnit now you got me interested. Might need to add an electric to my collection!

yeah crawlers use teh 55t turn integy lathe motors... lots of torque and long run times... I'm in the process of building a clod based crawler myself. there is a bunch of guys that do it here in phoenix and they got me hooked!... check out rccrawler.com theres a plethora of info on there.

Thanks ill check out that site :cheers:

that chassis looks more like a racing chassis... yeah i know clodbuster and racing done go together but they must do it somewhere... anyway to me it looks like the lower 4-link bars and the way the shocks mount to them doesn't allow for much articulation. could be just me tho.

No articulation?

1457151crawler.jpg

I am going for it I am going for the gecko 11 kit 200$

clod axels new w/bearrings 130$

2 55t turn integy lathe motors cost? haven't look yet

super rooster esc. thats it for now...But I think I can build one for around 500.

Oh and the articulation on the gecko kit is 80 to 90 degrees

here

Nice kit..and here is a place you can buy new and used axles

junk yard

I also need to give a shout out to Mudduck.. you have been very helpfull.. thanks for all your research BRO..

Last edited:
how is new era models cantilever suspension? does it have articulation? is it good for crawling?

Back