Robinson Racing FOC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just installed the RRP Forward-Only conversion to get rid of all that useless reverse gear junk.
I can already tell that this kit will help acceleration just by spinning the spur with my fingers. It wants to move forward immediately.

Stay tuned for a report tomorrow!!! My T-Maxx is sowly turning into a :tank:

How much did it run you and where did you buy it at? I was looking at getting the Traxxas FOC off of TowerHobbies but I think getting the RRP one would be better.

Welcome to the club, You will never go back.

Don't go with the Traxxas FOC spend the extra $$ and get a good one.

Traxxas is the Blue one.

13tranymelt2-med.jpg

Last edited:
I have the RRP FOC also, I just went up to my lhs and they had it they dont even stock the traxxas version, the RRP one was $23.99 and well worth it

Is this easy to install? I am installing mine tomorrow with AE shocks.

Any FOC is pretty easy to install. You'll also notice that there is so much that you have remove from the tranny.

FastEddy-I have the Traxxas FOC in my T-Maxx and haven't had any problems with it. For $11 it's a great deal. Also, the instructions on it were really easy. Just my .02

I am also installing the Traxxas FOC. Will I still have a 2speed forward truck ? lol.:ale:

The TRX FOC will be good for the occasional user or those that don't push there trucks to the limit on every run. For the $10-$15 difference in price its Worth the peace of mind. Once OTC gets their full trany set on the market I will be investing the 2-$300 in the full set of gears.

As for installation it may seem like a difficult job as you look at all the parts on the direction sheet. Once you gut it all and put it back together there isn't anything to it.

I found it helpful the first time to use a digital cam. and take a pic of every single part as you remove it before and after you take it out of the case. Lay each part in order the exact way you took it out. Remove the assemblies than disassemble them separately.

Quite honestly once you remove all the extra parts for reverse there isn't much left. You probably wont even look at all the pics you took.

Just dig in and have fun.

Traxxas parts are expensive here due to our cr@py exchange rate. But I should mannage. Do I have to remove the Tranny from the chassis?

That is some good advice. I have used my digicam several times when I tear apart certain things so I know what goes where. Most of the time I never need the pictures but its nice to know I have something to fall back on just incase. :)

Wussy, you had to take pics?
I used a exploded parts diagram from Traxxas' website and used pure mechanical skill to assemble it. :stupid: :D

I picked mine up for $22 at my LHS.

I couldn't get a test run in today because it rained on my luch break. :depress:

Originally posted by FastEddy
Welcome to the club, You will never go back.

Don't go with the Traxxas FOC spend the extra $$ and get a good one.

Traxxas is the Blue one.

13tranymelt2-med.jpg

Umm please explain why that happened! And what engine you used! I use the blue gear but mine doesn't look anything like the picture. Yes I agree the extra dough spent on the RRP is worth it. I have run 2 gallons with my Traxxas FOC in with no problems whatsoever. I do run the stock 2.5.

Why tell the whole story when the photo looks so cool and I had a chance to bash a stock Traxxas part :wedgie:

Well I have an 8 port Hyper .21 and I melted the STOCK TRAXXAS slipper. This caused the tyranny to take the abuse. Then the front drive-line blew so I ran it rear wheel drive. O-yeah, this was during an all out kick ass short track race. I didn't have time 10 minutes between the 2nd heat and the A main to fix the drive-shaft.

But I don't see what the details have to do with anything.:shhh:

:wedgie: the truth be told. hehehe

I rushed to the LHS after work last night and got my FOC, its white not blue. I also installed it last night, not that difficult the only problem I had was removing the tranny. I can't believe all the guts that come out of the tranny. That big steel thing is quite heavy aswell. BTW what did you guys do with the reverse servo? did you leave it in or take it out and block up th hole where it was? I cut a rectangular piece of foam that the gear comes in and inserted it in the hole. looks trick.

I just left the servo slot empty.
Your other statement brings up a thought.

The foam that Traxxas packs its upgrade parts in is great stuff. I have my LHS sav it for me. I use it for may things including Padding the RX in the box and wedging the batteries in the battery box. It cuts well and can be formed into different shapes with a heat gun.

Have fun.

Back