Right when you have seen it all....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all good I was just trying hard to change the subject :)

One more person here who thinks it's NOT good parenting, especially since they planned to post it on YouTube. Someone will try something else, equally as stupid, and the kid will get hurt and traumatized, but you WON'T see that one posted.
Runaway Jim, how about I cut your hair with a gas powered string trimmer just for the chuckles it will get on the internet. I promise to post it, even if your ear comes off.

would pay to see that ^

Sorry I dont like to see ppl get hurt but to see some one get a taste of there own medicine....priceless

Did any of you actually watch the video? If you did, you'd see that the kid was all for this. I imagine if you spoke with the parents they'd also confirm that they didn't just wake up that morning and say let's tie a string to our kids tooth and yank it with an RC car whether it's ready to come out or not. It's obvious it was ready to come out! Even after seeing that everyone, EVERYONE had fun, except maybe a cat, you still cry foul! Get a freakin' life! Seriously, get a life people!

There are so many more worse things that can happen in this world than a family having fun together pulling an extremely loose tooth out. I should know, I had to decide to cut my left leg off below the knee a little over a year ago after an accident. So, chill out for crying out loud! These people all had fun with each other. No one, except a cat, was worse for wear and, other than all of you, the majority of people agree that there's nothing wrong with this.

Let concentrate on people that really needs are help...no?:\

I have to agree.^^^

This video has been posted before and we had our fun with it.

Both points are valid. It is a cute video (only because things went right)

Come on guys don't you remember the doorknob treatment? Man i do and it sucked. I'm 35 so yes my parents did it to me lol

However since then things have been proven to do more harm than good.

I don't think this video gives anyone the right to degrade any other member though. Example......Blah Blah Blah, a bunch of babies you all are...

Ps. Not picking Jim but this is not a good point "Did any of you actually watch the video? If you did, you'd see that the kid was all for this"
Think about it if the mom said "Hey lets eat some mud" the kid would be like "Oh cool I'll get the pie pans":\ (Get it mud pies :D)

Last edited:
"The kid was all for it" is not a valid excuse. A 6 year old kid has no idea of dangers and reprocusions from any given action. So if a 6 year old was all for playing with a book of matches and a gallon of gas then that would be ok too? NO, thats what parents are supposed to be there for, to teach a child, to care for a child, to have the childs best interest in mind. IMO these parents did none of the above. I have never yanked one of my sons loose teeth out, and guess what, when they were ready they all fell out on their own! Wow, what a concept! If you pull a tooth too early, it can and will affect how the tooth underneath comes in, go ask a dentist, ask one what they think of this type of tooth extraction, it's just stupid, period.

I agree anytime you don't think about the well being of a child is just plain ingorant. To make things worse that put that situation on video to gain popularity. I don't and never will understand how people think that putting a childs wellbeing in danger is funny. Just think 15 years down the road, this same child does it to her children but this time things are bigger faster and more dangerous...Oh but its ok it happened to me when i was little...And ends up pulling the kids jaw out of place or worse. People do stupid poop because they don't think about the consequense. But the real sad part is when something bad happens everyone boo hoos wanting hel pand forgiveness for being stupid. And don't forget its NEVER there fault when it does happen.

I agree anytime you don't think about the well being of a child is just plain ingorant. To make things worse that put that situation on video to gain popularity. I don't and never will understand how people think that putting a childs wellbeing in danger is funny. Just think 15 years down the road, this same child does it to her children but this time things are bigger faster and more dangerous...Oh but its ok it happened to me when i was little...And ends up pulling the kids jaw out of place or worse. People do stupid poop because they don't think about the consequense. But the real sad part is when something bad happens everyone boo hoos wanting hel pand forgiveness for being stupid. And don't forget its NEVER there fault when it does happen.
:goodpost::goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

NCNitro, your comparison of the situation in the video to a parent allowing their child to play with matches is evidence of just how sensationalized you and the other people have made this issue. That's not even like comparing apples to oranges. It's like comparing apples to elephants. There are absolute wrongs and absolute rights in the world. Playing with fire, absolute wrong. What happened on this video comes no where near an absolute wrong and there isn't anything anyone can say to me to make me beleive it is.

As a parent you can't teach a child that something is either wrong or right and nothing else. So things depend on the situation and then an application of the variables that can happen on the way to the outcome or resolution of that situation. In this case, it's pretty obvious that the risk to the child and anyone else was extremely low. Did you ever think that this kid walked away not only having had some fun with her parents but also maybe subconsciously began to learn from this that something that may be wrong to do in one situation isn't necessarily wrong in all situtaions depending on the circumstances? You probably didn't because you just saw what you wanted to and let your mind race.

Go back to the video and watch it again. The mother asks which tooth this will be, i.e. if she's had other teeth come out before. The girl answers that this will be the second. That should raise a flag to any of you actually willing to make a point rather than blindly condem these parents for something you perceive as innappropriate, that even the girl, be it 6 or what ever age she was, knew that this wasn't going to hurt or put her in any danger or any one else for that matter.

If you want to continue to have a back and forth on this, be my guest. If you're gonna come in with guns blazing though, you better have more than a 6 shooter. None of you has made a rational arguement, or even demonstrated that you've really thought about this beyond it's supposed initial shock value, to illustrate that it's an absolute wrong. So all I can say in the end, again, is relax. The kid was fine, the parents were fine, even the damn cat was fine. I'm sure this kid is no worse for wear in terms of her ability to assess inherant danger involved in the number of other situations she'll be in for the rest of her life.

There are so many worse things that parents can let their kids do that are so much more dangerous than this but no one ever says boo! Some parents let their kids ride dirt bikes or drive go carts. The opportunity for severe injury in those activities is far greater than what we saw in the video but i'm sure each of you wouldn't say jack about a video of a kid hitting a trail on a dirt bike. Put what you think in perspective. If you do that then I think you'll find that your reactions to this video are a gross exageration of what the real consequences of pulling a loose tooth with an RC car are. If you disagree with me after that, well then we disagree. If you disagree with me before putting in any real rational, reasoned thought, well then you're full of hot air and shouldn't be commenting because you have nothing of value to add here.

CatPaint.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen that picture of former President Bush (2nd one) before. Where did you find that gem?

Warning do not piss off the cat.

lioncut2.jpg

Damn that is one angry putty tat.:hehe:

Back