Revo Trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teejay

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well truck was running great around the track, after about two tanks the truck just stops wont move you hit the gas engine revs and everything. but wont go, so i took engine off and found out the transmission was stuck so i forced it back and moves freely so i put engine back in. cranks the car and now once it started it would take off by itself, i could hit the gas and it would rev higher, hit the brakes and it would stop the wheels but still high rpms on engine. havent done anymore taking apart but was hoping someone knew about this problem so i could go tomorrow on lunch break to pick up the part i need.

thanks in advance

Sounds to me like your clutch is gone. If it is rolling without giving it any gas or reving the motor then the clutch is definately gone. Should be one of 2 things. If it is the Traxxas clutch either the spring broke or the shoes themselves.

Well I've expierenced that alot, when i use the ez start to start it it doesn't try to move so i dont think it can be the spring. also when i hit the brakes the car would die if the spring or clutch was bad.

if it idol high it will take off by itself or the clutchthats the only two thins that it could be i would check your tranny sounds like there somethin broke in there i stripped reverse in my and it did the same thing i free it up but later did the same thing its best to tear the tranny down and see if theres any damage

yea i was thinking something in the tranny also, just didn't have time to take apart just wanted to go by the hobby store and pick the part up lol but ill take it apart

if it idol high it will take off by itself or the clutchthats the only two thins that it could be i would check your tranny sounds like there somethin broke in there i stripped reverse in my and it did the same thing i free it up but later did the same thing its best to tear the tranny down and see if theres any damage

youreallyshouldusepunctuationsopeoplecanreadwhatyousay. Thanks a bunch :D

Oh Haha i Thought that was me that did that. lol

I still say that if your truck is rolling without a pretty high idle it has to be your clutch. Under normal conditions your truck should not go anywhere at idle regardless of the transmission. That is unless your spur gear and clutch bell are bound. From your original post I do think you have some shrapnal in your tranny which at some point will cause issues. If you still have reverse in your tranny that is definately the most likely candidate for the exploded gear. I have one more thing to add, from what you posted, none of this really explains your new found higher idle. I'm curious to hear what you find beacuse if it can happen and it's bad it will or has happened to me...

well took the clutch off and it is fine, took the tranny apart and it was all fine, put back together and it works greta now :( idk what was wrong thanks to all

hi have revo put robinson racing gears in tranny and trottle servo don't want to work did i do something wrong

You will have to start a new thread for that discussion bro.

Well truck was running great around the track, after about two tanks the truck just stops wont move you hit the gas engine revs and everything. but wont go, so i took engine off and found out the transmission was stuck so i forced it back and moves freely so i put engine back in. cranks the car and now once it started it would take off by itself, i could hit the gas and it would rev higher, hit the brakes and it would stop the wheels but still high rpms on engine. havent done anymore taking apart but was hoping someone knew about this problem so i could go tomorrow on lunch break to pick up the part i need.

thanks in advance

Tranny has a primary clutch also. you might want to look at it.