Revo engine mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well.. after a series of parts breaking on my revo I got fed up with it but now its killing me wondering something.. so here it goes..

After replacing my chassis, engine mount ,roll bar ,and spur
I went out and drove my Revo(all on road I believe) and this happened:

100_5034.jpg

100_5036.jpg

Any idea what could have caused it?
No hard crashes that I can remember at all!

Thanks!

Do you have a roll bar at all? Any hard landings in the past? Is the engine mount new or was it used?

Yea I just replaced the roll bar never ran with out it.

No hard landings with this engine mount(wrecked the spur to fast)

This engine mount was brand new.

If it matters I noticed the broken engine mount when i went to change the spur gear.
And I don't know why I'm going through spurs, the mesh is super smooth and I use the paper thing between the gears to set the mesh.

Oh and the chassis is a BRAND NEW Used ebay special! :LoL:

welcome to traxxas. cast aluminum sucks. It would be a good idea to get a aftermarket engine mount. I broke 5 before I learned. the mount could also cause you to eat up spur gears.

Last edited:
welcome to traxxas. cast aluminum sucks. It would be a good idea to get a aftermarket engine mount. I broke 5 before I learned. the mount could also cause you to eat up spur gears.

Yea I know traxxas has its flaws but what brand doesn't?:)

Is there an after market one? Wow I've never seen one! I'll go look now though!
Thanks!

ya thats a good one . i went with that with my 18 tm was haveing same problem

Thanks guys! I'll keep that in mind when the aggravation of the breaking it over and over wears off!

Back