Revo 3.3 Shifting problem???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooky

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey everyone, i just build a revo 3.3 from scratch. got all parts from Ebay. =D

I took it out for a run today, adjusted shifting point. the "problem" is that when it shifts, it shifts REALLY SMOOTH AND QUIET, nothing like videos i have watched on youtube. and ya, everything is new except the engine. how do i make it louder? is will it get louder as you break in more?

or thats just the way this perticular transmission is? is it normal? o-o

Tighten the slipper clutch just an 1/8th turn or so then see if it still does that.
If the slipper isn't slipping too much then you might have a standard or close ratio 2nd gear, which will also make your shifting less noticeable.

Tighten the slipper clutch just an 1/8th turn or so then see if it still does that.
If the slipper isn't slipping too much then you might have a standard or close ratio 2nd gear, which will also make your shifting less noticeable.

will try in a minute :D

yup! after i tighten the slipper clutch, it shits just like ones i saw on youtube :D

sadly, hit a curb at about 40 miles per hour... ripped front bulk head apart haha
i got spare parts on hand, so just have to put it on.

once again, thanks :D

If you're not breaking something, you're not driving it. Have fun.

and, i put the stock body mount and all that on because the aluminum was bent......

and i will not get aluminum parts anymore, i ordered some RPM parts =)

at 1st, i thought it will just be the shelf queen, but then i found out that bashing a revo is SOOOOO much fun than bashing with my buggy :D

Back