reverse troubles..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misfit47

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok so I have a 2.5 relatively stock. Everything world great but the transfer case. Sometimes it will go in reverse but most times it won't. Servo is working fine and compresses the spring fully. Even set it to reverse and tried with pliers to get it to change and wouldn't budge. Some times when I crash it will change but rarely. I like the reverse feature so I would like to get it working properly.
Thanks for any help.

Thanks.must be the linkage then.my idle adjustment is good and am at a tortilla stop. Will try to tear into it this weekend.

Haha stinking auto spell lol

Ok so I have a 2.5 relatively stock. Everything world great but the transfer case. Sometimes it will go in reverse but most times it won't. Servo is working fine and compresses the spring fully. Even set it to reverse and tried with pliers to get it to change and wouldn't budge. Some times when I crash it will change but rarely. I like the reverse feature so I would like to get it working properly.
Thanks for any help.

Just an FYI for you Misfit47 : You might really want to consider installing the FOC " Forward Only Conversion Kit "
I have the same MAXX you do Tranny & everything & I too liked having reverse but it's going to happen to you where you will be tearing down tranny to replace the gears inside "trust me I replaced my gears inside tranny 3 times"... So after constant RAGGING by my bashing buddy I took his suggestion & picked up the FOC @ my HS cost was $12.00 for the hole kit... & about 45 min to make the swapout.. OMG what a differance it made right away Smoother operation of the Rig overall more snapy throttle & LESS Rotating MASS inside of tranny itself... Of course it was a little nerve racking getting used to NOT having reverse anymore but after a few runs you get the hang of it.. Also If you decided to do the FOC just disconnect shift linkage from tranny I left my Servo in RIG or you can totaly remove servo your choice but for me I dident want the open space the servo would of left...:)

+1 on the FOC. if your worried about not having reverse dont. Because you will learn real quick how to drive better so that you wont need it. Way too many benefits for a better trans when you get rid of all the reverse gears and extra mass and moving parts.

Ok guys I will give it a go with the FOC conversion. I agree that if I dont have revers I'll learn pretty quick what it will and wont handle lol

You will be pleased i believe. Especially with the fact that it will be quicker most noticeably around bottom and mid range due to less moving parts inside tranny. Mine is and i noticed it immediately.

+1000 on the foc, but there are a few things that can cause your reverse problem. If you dare, try tearing into it, you may have a bad shifting fork or possibly even a gear.

Back