Reverse diffs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I'm mocking up the components for the big Humm-Vee, and when I turn the spur, it turns the rear axles in reverse. I don't recall it being able to go in there either way, so what would I check before tearing it all apart again?
This is the Revo trans and diffs with the Slayer arms and axles.

I'm mocking up the components for the big Humm-Vee, and when I turn the spur, it turns the rear axles in reverse. I don't recall it being able to go in there either way, so what would I check before tearing it all apart again?
This is the Revo trans and diffs with the Slayer arms and axles.

That's a tough one. Do you have a center diff? It's only the rear axle? If you have no center diff then I'd say it's the rear diff, but I can't think of how someone could reverse the revo diffs. If the trans output is going the same way front and back then it's gotta be the rear diff.:whhooo:

sounds like you have the diff in upsidedown. Its marked UP on one side.Is this in Revo bulkheads?

I know it worked in reverse with the Tmaxx, but I didn't think I could reverse it in this setup...and yes, it's the Revo bulkheads.
I've been brazing the frame rails today, and I just finished hard mounting the rear end and the trans, so I'm not about to tear it down now.
It does sound like the only logical explanation, so I'll have to open it all up when I'm ready to run.

That was it. I had to take everything apart to add to the frame so I flipped the diff. That was an hour lost, but now I know for next time. :angry: