Remote Control..........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToRqUe

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Would it be worth it buy 1 of those 300$$$$$$$ Radios and if i do will it be able 2 control both of my Nitro R/C's and if i get a micro heli will it be able 2 control that also ¿?¿?¿?

I finally broke down and bought a futaba 3pk for $300. I love it and wish I would have bought it sooner, and you can use it on 9 different rc's (i think it is 9) you will just have to get recievers for you different rc's. 9 meaning that you can save 9 different set ups for rc's. A heli will need a different type of controler. So is it worth it Yes, do you have to have it no. there are some cheaper ones that are good also. the futaba 3pk also requires digital servos, so you will have to take that into consideration as they do cost a bit more.

ight, so if i get 1 i can only control r/c cars ???

Cars, trucks, boats... basically anything with with 2 or 3 channels. Oh, and the 3PK doesn't "require" digital servo's. The HRS receiver that comes with 1 of the 2 models available does.

What do u mean 2 or 3 channels ???

in a car or truck you need one channel for throttle and one for steering, same goes for boats. some vehicles (nitro powered) have reverse and that's when the 3rd channel
comes in. I believe all pistol grip transmitters are at least 2 channels. personally I feel that unless you know a lot about how to use all the features on those things there most likely isn't the need to spend that much money on a radio system, unless you really really know that you will need it all in the future. I'm pretty new to the r/c scene and I got a Futaba 3PK myself. But I intend on adding a few vehicles to my lineup in the next year or so and maybe get into racing a little so i figured it'd be a good investment. It's you'r call though in the long run. Also, not everybody has the same budget so opinions will vary greatly. Good luck in you're decision!

I'm also thinkin' in the long run cause i wanna start build kits and i can't c buyin a new remote for ever car i build..........in this case i think it will be worth it.............

If you want to get anything that flies, you'll need to buy a radio for airplanes. The radios for cars WILL NOT cut it.

Yeah, if you are getting into flying, Id get a dedicated flying radio and either keep your current radio for land vehicles, or upgrade.

I got an MX-3 with a used Savage I bought. I have to say, the MX-3 was one of the most attractive parts of the deal, because all I've ever used is the stock RTR radios.

As far as heli's, you'd be better off with a 2 stick radio, with more than 3 channels (I think 6 is standard for helis). When I had a plane, I had a 2 stick 5 channel radio that was perfect for a plane with ailerons. I know helis are a bit more complicated, so theyd need an even more complex radio setup.

-Chris

Why 6 channels and Y a spicial aircraft frequency ??? Why is that all need 4 Helis ???

Um, I believe the minimum is 5 channels for helis. But you can't do stunts with them. 6 channels is for stunts.

How Does the 6 channel make them do stunts ???

You can control how much pitch the main rotor makes. Reversing it so you can hover upside down and stuff.

I believe with a 5 channel system, you have the pitch pre-set and control it through the throttle....it's more laggy that way though :(

One channel is for throttle hold. With that set to on, your engine is constantly running at flight speed, but your rotor collective is now at neutral in mid stick so that anything below mid stick is negative collective for upside down or for use in loops or spirals.
You also have high/low rates. Low rates for hovering or gentle maneuvers, and high rates for 3D flying.
If you're serious about getting a heli, you really need to start out with a computer simulator. They run about $200 with a USB controller.

ight Rolex ............ill look into a flight simalator........

Back