Recovering unsaved file?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I left photoshop open and unsaved last night with something I worked on all day, then windows restarted my pc over the night. Is it completely gone or is there a way to recover it?

You can try and see if PS created a .tmp file (just look at the date on the .tmp files) while you were working on the project. But, given the scenario, I doubt it got saved, but it's still worth a try.

What version are you using.
It's unlikely that you can retrieve it after a reboot as I don't believe PhotoShop has the auto save of some other complex programs.

I don't recall if Photoshop temp files do in fact use a .tmp file extension or not but you "MIGHT" be able to use something like Recuva to recovery the file. Though in all honesty it's likely gone.

We use to use the older version of Photoshop for our work reports. The older versions did not have the auto-save feature. The version we have now has auto-save.
I’ve lost files in the past due to a photoshop crash and was never able to recover them; even our IT guys could not retrieve them.

Its CS2, yeah I couldnt find it anywhere. Oh well, I'll start over and remember to save it.

I don't understand your aversion to the save button. It's your friend!

Save often; save well.

Earlier today I was proof reading a report I had written and changed one or two words on the second page when the computer froze. No mouse movement, keyboard input, no Ctrl, Alt, Del. Just locked. I had no choice but to restart, and when I reopened the document it gave me the option to open the original or the auto saved version with my last changes.

The free version is all I need. I get more use out of gimp anyways. Only reason I didnt save it is because I wasn't sure when I needed to save it as and didnt think it would get lost over night lol, now I know.