Rear exhaust in an RS4?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know its not that hard to put one in an RS4, but I have a few questons about it. First is can some one link me to a header that will fit?

Edit: Nevermind, I just found this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFAZ8&P=7 :D

I've been looking for a cheap engine that has good low end power. I've been looking around and I have experience with XTM so I'm really thinking about getting an XTM .18 engine for my RS4 3 Type SS. It's rear exhaust, which is why I brought this topic up.

I'll also need a pipe for it, unless I want to use a plastic one... I want a pipe tuned more for low end than anything. The reason I'm going for low wnd grunt is because I've been running the stock .12R SS which has almost no low end power.

Thanks!

Last edited:
a few good engines for low end power.
xtm .18 is a good cheap option with low end power, i was going to get this engine but the carb looked old and cheap.
also try the trx 2.5 you will need to change the flyweel and cluch and swich the servo around, it may be a .15 but dont be fooled by the size , this is the engine i have on my rs4 3 and it blows. i pulled my mates rc car on a string 40mph its got power .
but then again the xtm is bigger and cheaper.
go for the xtm its cheaper

Yeah, the XTM .18 just looks it would be the best bang for my buck. Its only 100 bucks, which is nice. Do you know the rated hp for it by chance??

I think it might be around 2. Probably a little less, maybe 1.5, but I love xtm engines, they're great!

I just got the XTM .18 today, and XTM has it rated at 1.3 HP. I haven't got a chance to run it yet, but I'll let you know how it runs when I do.

Oh yeah, I had to make a very minor mod for it to fit. Since it is a rear-exhaust smallblock it has the pullstarter where the string comes out at an angle to the left. I had to cut away some plastic but that was it. Not really a mod, just a little cutting :D

Back