Real 1:1 MT and their RC counterparts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Cannot remember what cable channel maybe discovery or something like that had a MT special. Did you know 1:1 MT are jumping 30+ feet high in the air? They showed one jumping a burning 747!!! Now I did sum math here guys and my 1:10 does a scale 500mph so if all being equal shouldnt I be able to jump my 1:10 300 ft high in the air?(thats hillbilly math) I couldnt belive how much those things weight and how the suspesion soaks it all up. The driver of the GraveDigger was doing an interview and he said next year with his new shock system he will be able to clear 50ft high! They were talking about how the sport is outgrowing the small arena's and they dont have enough room in them anymore!

actually to be to scale you would only have to jump your 1:10 three feet to be equivalent to a 30 ft. jump, so actually I would like to see a real MT perform as well (to scale ) as one of our 1:10 trucks, for us clearing a 10 foot jump they would have to clear 100 ft.

I said it was hilbilly math it was a joke....even if a bad one.:wedgie:

:sorry: I guess i took it the wrong way

well the real point I was trying to make is this.

A real monster truck say does 100mph for arguments sake. My 1:10 model does 50mph. So if scale being true(which it is not) Shouldnt my RC MT do 500mph if it was scale to size? 50mph X 10? Well if that math holds true then if a real 1:1 mt jumps 30 feet in the air and my RC MT scaled up should jump 5X higher (have I lost you yet?) So 5X30=150. So if my My RC MT was scale it should be able to jump 150ft high into the air. So why doesn't the scale size hold true with speed and physics? See why I didnt want to explain it just easier to call it hillbilly math.

Kind of off subject but goes along with your scale matchups. I was at a local drag strip the other day and some local nitro drag racers were trying to race the top fuel guys. They were challenging them to a race out to the 60 foot line. The top fuel guys thought this was some kind of a joke until they saw their
0-60 foot times on some printouts they had from some race. I didn't see the numbers but the top fuel guys said no way. That the nitro dragsters 60 foot times were faster than theirs. Now, of course the nitro guys would lose in the long run, no doubt, but it's kind of neat to compare the two. Also, not sure but I think the whole 1/10, 1/8, etc. scale thing refers to size only, not performance.

Ahh well....Its all cool !!!If a Rc MT could jump that far why not push a real MT to the max and see how much it can take !!!!:stickup:Hey by the way i saw that MT jumping the airplane !! Man that was one sick jump !I wish my maxx could fly that far !!

Last edited:
I believe it was the new generation Big Foot that did that when they came out with their new suspension. They went from coil over shock (like our RC MTs) and went to a new hydrolic system that doesn't use springs at all. Actually, their entire steering system uses hydrolics only as well.....the steering wheel is only connected to the hydro pump theres no physical connection.

THe new shock system I saw Grave Digger driver talking about nitrogen charged shocks. Is that hydrolic?

No the nitrogen charged schocks are gas

well that is the new shock system he said is going to get him to 50ft! I think they were coil over. Should have tevoed the show it was sick!

Back