RCN T-Maxx vs. Savage and the winner is...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Radio Control Nitro
Starting
Winner: T-MAXX

Jumping
Winner: HPI Savage

Top Speed

Drag Race

Climbing
Winner: TIE

Track Attitude

Tug-O'-War

and the overall winner is T-Maxx.....

Overall this was
useless.jpg

by X

Thats break down I assume was from Radio Control Nitro? If it was like you would get an unbiased opion from them. Toss in a Ofna and it would win cause they buy the most adds. This thread is a joke. X

Ok X so you say this thread is a joke so is Radio Control a joke?

Hey Mayhem!

Thanks so much! my subscription ran out for RCN and i didnt get the newest issue, now i finaly can see what the comotion about this savage v t maxx LOL

X-
Why do you say that the thing was biased to traxxas? I have never read a article from rcn that was biased, and i serioisly dont think that they will start now. My friend has a savage, and i have a 2.5 in my rustler. i can tell you riht now, the .21 bb is no powerhouse at all. and the 2.5 ... now that thing is a zebra on stereroids.. also, Ofna makes the .25 engine, and that also is a powerhouse and would wreck the t maxx and the savage. My 2 year old sister could have figured that out.. on the note of usess info ...

OK first Mayhem I was saying what everyone that has read any R/C mags now that you never get a detailed good unbiased review of anything because they dont want to piss off their sponsers. This has nothing to do with Traxxas OR Hpi or T-maxx vs Savage I was simply stating that the mags will never give an unbiased opion becuase they arn't going to piss off their advertisers. Hence its a Tie I dont care what two cars you put in there.

As to nitroboy I can't even understand what the hell you are trying to say. You can't compose two sentances in a row. I Will over look spelling mistakes because I get in a hurry and make them myself so as long as I can sound it out I dont mind. But dear God nothing you say makes any sense so shut the hell up and leave me alone before you get on my bad side again you moron. I was leaving you alone but if you are gonna follow me around talking sheit then I will make you pay for it Idiot. X

I understood it..

He is saying no duh the ofna would win. Why don't we put it to the test with out being biased over sponsers because we don't really have any.

Oh no, the fourm bully is out of his cage again!

X, what language do you speak? how the hell can you not read a ****ing post. I said thanks to mayhem for posting it, because i do not have a subsription now. then i said that i never read a biased review from RCN or RCCA. They always have the little box that says hits and misses, and they clearly state what they dont like about the god damn car. Then i said that any ofna would beat the t maxx or savage( unless it has a P4)

P.S, i would like to have a convo with you on AIM as i dont want to rack up any more warning points:angry:

X, Nitroboy, you both know where to go if you want to duke it out.
Lets stay on the subject of the thread.

Most magazines have to be bias to a point because of sponsership. Until you get a mag like Consumer reports or something, you really can't rely 100% on what you read.

Where is this majical place that i can duel with X? dose it have a bathroom?

Click

No bathroom just a portapoty

Hmm, the 2.5 t-maxx beating the savage? Thats news to me, I own both and for the life of me my 2.5 maxx can't smoke my savage, are you sure you have the savage tuned properly?? Pound for Pound, the 2.5 has more power, but it just can't compare still to the .21 of the savage. The rustler would easily smoke it thou, but thats totally different!

Top speed they said savage at 32 mph and T-Maxx at 40 mph

Why didnt they review what I find to be MOST important. Durrability! Your not going to get that in an afternoon of testing either. No, i dont have the new 2.5 but I do have the last gen of TMaxx before the 2.5. And I damn near broke everything on it. Been hard pressed to brake anything on the Savage. Keep in mind, it JUST came out too! The dogbones are the only thing that you would want to replace from stock.

As far as speed goes, yeah the 2.5 prob would take out the savage. But, drop the Hyper 8 in in the Savage, change the gearing and well.... But then, drop the new Sirio .18 in the TMaxx and well.... And on and on and on....

Over all, the consumer should be the one making the choice as to the WINNER overall. For me, as of today, its the Savage. Simply because its not a MONEY PIT!!!!!!!!! And I truly do love my TMaxx.

Id like to see what others have to say who own them both. Not just the mag opinion.

SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE its super strong I've landed mine 6' up flat on its roof and I walk over flip it on its wheels and off we go for more bashing..... do that in a max and you'll be heading for the hobby store.

Nearly bought a maxx but am soooo glad that I got the savage instead.. the only reason i got the savage was because they were out of stock of the t-maxx 2.5. i wanted reverse.. but the funny thing is i havent put reverse in my savage. pull start is in my experience is better than the extra batteries of an electric start. I run hyper 8 port and a 3 shoe clutch.

T-maxx has had its day untill they beef it up. and I like the Maxx i think its a wicked truck but, its too weak when compared.

btw I just bought a rustler 2.5 so I'm not biased either.

...i like my rusty2.5..but yeah...savage is a much better truck. But it IS 1/8 NOT 1/10 like the T-mac daddy. Savage would beat the poop outta a T-Maxx any day. Elvis has left the building.:mobile:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Back