Rc10GT2 Os .18 cv-rx engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teejay

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i have a Rc10gt2 and bought a Os .18 cv-rx and been reading ill need a clutch nut that will extend it, also a new flywheel and new clutch shoes. has anyone done this before, i understand i have to cut the shaft and that is fine.

can anybody give me the parts numbers to these products to be safe if youve done it. thanks

I am actually working on bolting a TRX 2.5 into my RC10GT (see other post going up soon) and surprisingly you won't have than many problems.

I have that same engine and I am unsure if it is rotary or slide carb, as I have a version of both. If it is a slide carb you will need to get a rotary carb instead. The flywheel from your RC10GT should suffice. I would suggest mounting it up and seeing how it meshes. If you have difficulty a longer shaft will work wonders. My TRX 2.5 went it without any modification to the engine itself.

Under NO circumstance would I recommend cutting the shaft, that could get dangerous unless you are a skilled machinist.

Well the os .18 cv-rx has a long shaft with a rotary carb everywhere I've been reading says i need asc2312 clutch nut adapter, RT flywheel asc89136, does team associated make standard clutch shoes, the only ones i found was asc89134, which are metal.