Rc10 speed gains

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc10dude

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a stock rt10 gt and it is getting a little too slow for me. I was wondering if there are any cheap ways to gain speed. Less than 50 dollars.

Also, my truck has no traction and keeps sliding every time i move the throttle. my tires arent that bald yet either. any help would be appreciated

nybody out there?:write:

Last edited:
Gearing just buy some gearing and see if there is a difference.

rpm tuned pipe. i think they are like 30 bucks but i dont remember

get a 17tooth clutch bell that should help....

or try a larger spur around 60, and for the traction problem, stay off the street stay off-road and you're be good, but no try loosening the slipper clutch a little bit, at a time and just experiament, it make the spur slipp so you're wheels dont, its the nut on the shaft that holds you're spur assembly

oh yea also for the cheapest way you can lean out youer high end,(not recomended) but if you don it wisley watch for enough lubrication you should be good

what is the stock gearing for the rc10gt? i am looking for speed as well, but i also like a little get up. do any of you have an oscvr .12 how fast is your car approx.? what gearing do you use?

I've got a gt with the stock engine and gearing, i dont remember but i think the spur gear is a 60t and the clutch bell is a 15t. if youve been watching the general nitro board, youll see that I'm making a taller cooling head for my gt, that will get me more power and maybe more top end. i dont know if youll find one for your engine but they are usually priced around $40. www.acncm.com has a selection of them. once you get more bottom end you can always re-gear

Yeah the stocker runs 60 spur and 15th clutch bell. If you want some more top speed run a 17th clutcbell which should help. I run the OS .12 and I have plenty of speed so I am not sure how much speed you are looking for.......

Back