RC Expo (LMAO @ Traxxas)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn where did this guy come from?

poop it was me I refered him HA HA

i believe humboldt - i think that guy was from traxxas - no profile, 7 posts, nothing but negative comments about RCNT, bashing the staff , seems to know skymaxx fairly well. What a maroon i tell ya, what a maroon. I say good riddance to bad rubbish!

sky - do u know him, sounded like u did.

unsilenthunter - that was some funny sheet, man! LMAO

The exchaned words in a previous thread. I was interested on their past so I pulled up Nemisis's name and looked at all the threads he posted in. There was a battle between him and SKy and Nem went back and edited all his/her posts to clear their tracks but too many people in the thread quoted Nem so you could see what he/her was saying. Deffinetly a mole. And I hope they go back to Traxxas and tell Oval of my nice little sig I got down below.

Yes, he fired some shots my way once upon a time ago. I thought he had left; at least that was what he said around Halloween last year. I also found it interesting that he went back and deleted his previous posts.

Oh well, when I start to fear my past I know it is time to quit. Guess that time won't be coming anytime soon.

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
The exchaned words in a previous thread. ...

This implies that I actually dignified his idiotic attempts to engage me with a response. If you check those threads again, you will see that his attempts failed to get any response from me...BUT some of my friends did decide to take him up on some points.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx

This implies that I actually dignified his idiotic attempts to engage me with a response. If you check those threads again, you will see that his attempts failed to get any response from me...BUT some of my friends did decide to take him up on some points.

Arent we getting a little technical/nit picky? :hehe:

Looks like it....WTF happened to the quick reply??????

There were a boatload of updates done and there are a lot of the popular hacks/programming that have already been re-implemented. The quick reply is still coming. Woodie prob. wont get to it today as it is mothers day. Should be back soon though.

Seeing as nobody can verify what REALLY went down at the show, and there are two totally different accounts of what happened it's pretty safe to assume someone doesn't know what their talking about OR someone is throwing up a front to cover a poor performance.

Either way Traxxas performance at the show is irrelivant to how my T will run.

If the mole is still here and he would like to defend Traxxas why not explain why it's taking two full months for you guys to fill my order for a set of Big Bores?

Because right now I'm watching your performance on my workbench! It's motionless and this is one show that truely stinks!

If you really want to impress people forget the shows and work on improving your production problems so people actually get product when they order it!

(venting, sorry)

yeah, what he said, but the Traxxas Spy is long gone and would never admit he was for Traxxas.
Are there any vids of the expo? I heard about some tripple flips and stuff i would like to see

What happened to all the LA guys that were going? You guys didnt see what ED and Nitro Chicken uh I mean Nemisis were talking about? I can't beleive there is not one other person that visits this board that did not see this event. What did you guys see? Did you really go?

I woulda gone if I could swim millions of miles.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Yup....

The T-Maxx seems a bit weak compared with the bashing capabilities of the brick all mighty...

Oh well... maybe they'll learn now...

I know I'm probably late in this topic. Here's what I have to say.

Nemesis was correct in how many cars that Traxxas was running. They were running a SportMaxx, 2.5 Rustler, E-Maxx, and a T-Maxx and they would only run one at a time. Except for maybe at one point they ran 3 different vehicles.

As for what Fast Eddy was saying, they did not have a stable of 12 cars, maybe at the Traxxas display.

Yes, Traxxas did have trouble with trying to keep their cars running. A lot kept flaming out and some had a hard time starting. Yes, they did break also. The 2.5 Rustler couldn't clear the triple. Steve tried to do a double back flip off the 6' jump, but as I recall never landed any of them.

Also, at one point and let me emphasis one point, Traxxas did have up to 3 drivers at one time. Also, Steve Slayden did most if not all of the driving.

Of course Traxxas can't put on as good of a show as Losi or Kyosho. Look who was driving for Losi, you got Francis, Kinwald, and Drake. I mean come on. You also had Greg Degani and Jeremy Kortz driving their K2s for Kyosho. How are you going to follow up with that? Maybe the only other highlight was when Hacker Brushless flew a plane vertically in front of the 6' jump and a brushless E-Maxx and a xxx4 would back flip over it.:OMG:

If you're talking about breaking things, every company broke something. Even Losi and the durable Kyosho K2s broke at one point.

You may be wondering how I know all of this? I worked the dirt track the whole weekend from Friday-Sunday. If you went you had to have seen me. I was the big bald guy wearing a blue hoodie on Saturday and an RCX staff shirt on Sunday.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
THANK YOU! Finally a 3rd opinion! I new Nemisis was just trying to save Traxxas face. Anyways I like Traxxas hell I own a T-Maxx 2.5 and I am now toying with the idea of a 2nd. We all now everything breaks, but what was funny to me is on the Traxxas board anytime people come post about their finiky 2.5 (which I run and love) The mods shoot them down and pretty much tell the person their an idiot and dont know how to tune or read a manual. So it was particularlly funny to me because even their main man Slayden they couldnt keep them from flamming out!!!!

All in all RCX was an ok show. There are things that could of been better. None of the major companies were selling products, which kind of sucked. I was hoping to come across some good deals. Hopefully, they learn from the first one and improve on it next year.

I have a 2.5 Maxx, it's a great truck, but then again it isn't stock. I still break stuff. I also understand the Traxxas boards. They like to refer you to the manual a lot. They don't seem to understand that a lot of newbies to nitro buy T-Maxxes. Oh well, takes time and patience.

Last edited:
In their defense if you ever call Traxxas tech support (and god knows I have) They are AWESOME. Very helpful! Warranty issues couldnt be easier in my experience.

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
In their defense if you ever call Traxxas tech support (and god knows I have) They are AWESOME. Very helpful! Warranty issues couldnt be easier in my experience.

I would have to agree on the tech support, I had to call once, and who ever it was nailed the problem .

Funny the Tech support issue comes up.
I just got off the phone with them. 0 hold time and a direct answer.

As for the show is good to see someone a bit more objective than the traxxas employee earlier.

I counted more they counted less. Shall we meat in the middle?

Traxxas is a great company and I own several of there products. The only beef I have is with a few personality's on their forum, and its not even a beef. Just like to see people who can't take what they dish out.

Back