Race maxx update

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god what a beautiful creation man!! Looks absolutly fantastic!!!

Thanks bro! I am hoping to get the shocks ordered next week going with Ofna Lx 1 rear shocks all the way around with the four shock setup.:D

No probs. Hope to get the suspension worked out with in the week. Trying to figure out what springs and weight oil to use in the Ofna LX 1 shocks. Then its just electronics from there.

I recommend you buy the UE super shock spring pack and then adjust the oil wt according to the spring rate you choose.
You may also want look at the UE motherlode shock repair kit, lots of parts to rebuild the Ofna shocks when needed.
When you really want to dial in the Ofna shocks there is also the revo variable dampning shock pistons that will fit the Ofna LX One shocks (my favorite).

I will look into the UE shock spring kit. I guess it will be just test and adjust as needed, with the oil.

Looking good!

The HPI Hellfire spring's fit too, I haven't yet bought any to try but the diameter & length are right & they are truggy springs.
They come in a 6 pair kit or in same rate pairs.

So far I have been happy with the UE springs on my trucks, I have yet to finish my BB Thunder builds, but I'm only using the red & blue springs on my short truck.

Nice to know. I have my Ofna LX shocks on the way here. I will look into the hellfire springs. I think my brother may have some left over spring from a hellfire truck build.

I'm using the hellfire springs on my four shock setup...
Pink spring rate... They work great... Losi springs turned out to be to soft...

CKEITH,what weight oil you running with those springs. I bought the red Hellfire springs, think that's the hardest spring rate. I really like the Ofna shocks seem to be great quality. I always run my shocks on the stiff side suits my driving style best.:D

CKEITH,what weight oil you running with those springs. I bought the red Hellfire springs, think that's the hardest spring rate. I really like the Ofna shocks seem to be great quality. I always run my shocks on the stiff side suits my driving style best.:D

thats me also i like my shocks stiff keeps the truck on all fours also

Got my Hellfire springs in today. Tried to install them on the LX shocks, well they don't fit the Ofna Lx shocks sucks. Does anyone know what springs will fit the Ofna Shocks. They are Lx2 rear buggy shocks. I have figured out that the LX1 rears were 13mm. The LX2 rears is what I have from what I have researched are 16mm. Doe's anyone know what spring rates are the hardest ofna offers for the Lx2 shocks?

Last edited:
Yeah the LX1 shocks are 13mm bore & the LX2 are 16mm bore.

I assumed you where getting the LX1 rears.

Measure the spring adjuster so you know what diameter springs you need.

Last edited:
Doe's anyone know what spring rates are the hardest ofna offers for the Lx2 shocks?

OfnaspringsLX216mm_zpsbddf7aeb.gif

Thanks Snook. Yah I ordered the blue one springs last night.

---------- Post added at 7:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:53 AM ----------

Yeah the LX1 shocks are 13mm bore & the LX2 are 16mm bore.

I assumed you where getting the LX1 rears.

Measure the spring adjuster so you know what diameter springs you need.

If I could have found the Lx1 shocks I would have went that route. But I really like the Lx2 rears. Those shocks are very beefy lookin and they fit nicely. Just gotta get the springs stiffened up, and some heavier oil in them.:D I ordered the blue spring sets last nite. That's the heaviest they make.

Glad to see this project is coming along hulk and looking sweet bro,I've been real busy this season and haven't been around a lot but I took the time to go back through the posts and catch up,good work man

transmited from a mobile communications device

Thanks hotrod, glad to see your back around.:D I am hoping to have it completed before its to cold to break it in at least.