Question about Jeep Wrangler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by SkyMaxx
The conditioning is finally starting to work. YES, it looks like a freaking mini-van.

y439186a.jpg

MINIVAN

es438693a.jpg

ENVOY

Can you pick the ENVOY? :hehe:
Glad I own a Cherokee, it will never get the look of a minivan since it's been discontinued.

I like my 1997 Sport. It has most of what you see below, but I'm waiting for the Dana 35 and the shocks and tires to wear out before they get replaced.

Here it goes:
Get a TJ for strength and resale to real Jeepers.
Get the I6 for strength and resale to real Jeepers.
Get the 5MT for strength and resale to real Jeepers.
Get the one with the Dana 44 in the rear end for strength and resale to real Jeepers.
Get the soft top for quietness. If not 1999 or newer, replace it with the Bestop with the same material as the newer factory top.
Get 31" tires and good shocksfor fun and for strength and resale to real Jeepers.

Last, takes the doors off, pick up friends, and go 4 wheelin'.

PS SUV's are for people who need vans, but have more money than sense! Yes, they do look homely!

As far as off road, the TJ sucks! Front axle with coil springs. It you are to put coils on an off road vehicle then use independent suspension.

Lastly, what's a "real Jeeper?"

Got to love it when the new guy to the forum jumps right in and stirs the pot. Welcome to the board Nat's RC.

Pirata, I'm thinking we might be real jeepers (you more than me since I drive the Grand Cherokee Laredo); afterall, I think one of the requirements to be considered a "real Jeeper" is to get thrown off of some anal retentive, PMS ridden, idiotic, ill tempered bitch's private property :D

Another jackass who thinks he's a "real jeeper" with his sissyfied Jeep thats really a car disguised as a Jeep. As well as a reviver of dead threads. Get real dude!:angry:

I sure as hell hope you are referring to the new guy! :angry:

Cmon Sky, you should know me better than that by now. Of course I'm talking about the new guy. I have much more respect for you and your opinions, even if I disagree with you, you use tact and respect when you do disagree with something . You don't feel the need to put down or disrespect someone elses truck, rc or whatever it may be to feel better about yourself, and what you have, of course with the exception of Christians mini-van ;) I will gladly take my Wrangler head to head with any one that thinks the new Jeep is better. I guarantee my 90 Wrangler will outperform his 97 Jeep offroad any day of the week! On the road yeah his is probably much smoother, and quiter, but I want a Jeep, not a car that looks like a Jeep.

I know...just wanted to see IF I could get your dander up. Besides, I know my truck is an SUV and not a true off road monster...it has already gotten stuck where it shouldn't have :D

And Christian's minivan is my one weakness...just gotta give someone crap and he's an easy target :D

Thats cool Sky. I don't even think of the Cherokees when I talk of Jeeps its always the YJ Wranglers, CJs, and the new posers that want to be one of those two, lol.

I like the Cherokees too, my wife wants one. But at least they are SUVs unlike Chris's mini-van. :D

I think one of the requirements to be considered a "real Jeeper" is to get thrown off of some anal retentive, PMS ridden, idiotic, ill tempered bitch's private property :D
I definately fit that one, you do too!!!!

WHY A JEEP?
personally i dont like jeeps they suck, well except for the one my grandfather custom made, NOW that was a jeep. Instead buy a 4x4 truck, and a lift kit to it, and a roll bar kit, and you have much more power, versitility. You can travel in it, haul stuff, and they r not as likly to be broken into. TRUCKS ALL THE WAY!

gee thanks for your input but we dont care

Originally posted by Zoomer
WHY A JEEP?
Instead buy a 4x4 truck, and a lift kit to it, and a roll bar kit, and you have much more power, versitility. You can travel in it, haul stuff, and they r not as likly to be broken into. TRUCKS ALL THE WAY!
WHEELBASE covers the difference pretty much to a tee.

A 19 year old Nurses Aid is entitled to his opinions. If he likes trucks, then let him keep them. Me, I'm sticking with my Jeep. Who knows, maybe someday I'll get a wrangler and go nuts with it. But for now, my family hauling, dog carrying, grocery toting, rarely off roading, Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo suits me just fine.

I sure as hell hope you are referring to the new guy! :angry:

Yea, me too! OOps, I'm the new guy! Oh well, it is great we all have opinions. Did I say anybody else"s Jeep sucked or that you aren"t a real Jeeper?:trout: :dumb:

Hey Cherokee's kick ass!!! They are short enough, big enough to fit most poop into, and still go farther in the mud and muck than most other rigs!! And lots of creature comforts too!! All JEEPS kick ass!! I do agree thaqt the new ones are alot to carish. But the advantage of the coil spring goes more than just ride. You can gat massive articulation from a coil spring. Great for rock crawling.
:drool:

Originally posted by Kevrone
But the advantage of the coil spring goes more than just ride. You can gat massive articulation from a coil spring. Great for rock crawling.
:drool:
Yeah, but you'd get better articulation if they'd used an independent front end.

From what I read there is to many limitations with an independant front suspension. Most are converting to a straight axle design. Unless you use the split diferentials like are in the newer ford bronco, f-150 p/u. they are popular with all the baja guys. It takes mucho denero to make a i.f.s work as well as a soft spring or a long ciol spring. But for the ride, El you are correct. A i.f.s is like a cadilac. smooth and comfortable. :bow: