Question about ESC settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbnjzb

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wondering, what lipo settings do i use on the esc when I have 2 2s batteries in series? Do i use 4s cutoff which i'm assuming or 2s cutoff?? I think 4s but not sure, please help. I've taken some time off and feel really rusty!!! Need more time for RC! Thanks guys!

In series, the 2X2s batteries will be seen by the ESC as a single 4s pack.

No prob. That's we're here for.

If you have the option I would set it to "auto lipo" and then just set the lipo cut off to 3.2V/C that way it doesn't matter what lipo you stick in it.

It's a Tekin Rx8. I didn't see a setting for that! I could be missing it.

On the RX8 when you hook it up to the hotwire and you go into the settings for what cell the lipo is if you click the setting all the way to the top it will activate a little spot above it where you can go in using the little up and down arrows next to the number and you can set the lipo voltage cut off per cell amount there manually. For some reason they go out 3 decimal places and it jumps up in uneven increments but set it as close to 3.2 as you can. I believe on miine its something like 3.213 or something like that. Then no matter how many cells the lipo is it will cut off at that amount per cell.