Pull Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IversonMino

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am gonna get the Sirio 3.0 engine for my 2.5 but i want to get the pull start with it, which pull start parts should i get?

thanks

The Traxxas 2.5 pull start it will just screw right in to the back of the sirio iam using the 2.5 pull start on my sirio. You might want to use the E/Z start for break in tho (lots of compression).

The 2.5's EZ-Starter will probably be as much of a pain in the ass as the pull start.

The EZ-start 2 "stick" has a mechanism that will attempt to detect if you've hydrolocked the engine, and not push the starter if you hit it a few times without turning it over.

I put a Sirio in my gen-1 TMaxx... fortunately, I had the version 1 ezstarter that would power the starter as long as there was enough juice in the battery to use.

Hmm ya I didnt use the E/Z start on myne to break it in I preey much destroid (sp) my arm trying to yank on it to pull it over same as MC.

i love the pull starts. but then again i can always start my truck in less than 5 pulls. anywayz when u are doing break in, take and losin the glow plug a little so u dont have as much compression and then when it is going tighten it back up. it helps ALOT when u have a pull start and the engine has alot of compression.

bryan

Ya my truck starts after about 5 or 6 pulls but if its not running right sometimes I wish I had my E/Z start.

but personally my self i hate pull starts, either the battery is dead or the cheap little motors went out on me. so i got used to having a pull start and it doesn't bother me any more. someday i might try the rotostart.

bryan

Thats some good advice to losen the glow plug at first...it will help.

But 2 words!........STARTER BOX!:thumbsup:

so i should get the pull start?

thanks

if i was u i would, but i aint so u get what u think would be the best.

bryan

well i hate when i am really hyped up to drive my maxx and then all of a sudden my battery's don't have enough juice in them, and then i can't drive it for a while....
so i do want to get it but there are a million accessories that say t-maxx pull start, so i want to know which ones to get

thanks

what do u mean by "which one to get"? all u have to do is get the 2.5 pull start. they fit right to the sirio

bryan